ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7192-3289
Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine,
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7435-9647
Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
DETERMINING THE ACCURACY OF MOBILE NAVIGATION REGARDING THE DATA OF GEODETIC OBSERVATIONS
The comprehensive development of the mobile communication network in the segment of high-speed Internet coverage of almost the entire territory of the country forms the preconditions for the use of A-GPS technology. There is a tendency for the rapid growth of accuracy and availability of mobile devices equipped with GNSS modules for ordinary users. The positioning process using mobile communications and A-GPS technology is considered. It is established that despite similar studies, the question of the range of accuracy of the coordinates obtained by mobile means remains insufficiently disclosed. Device manufacturers indicate the probability of reducing the accuracy of measurements only in the event of interference (areas of tall woody vegetation and buildings). Mechanisms for obtaining spatial data for mobile devices running the Android operating system are considered. Determining the coordinates of individual points is an urgent geodetic task, the results of which can be used, in particular, for thematic mapping of events and phenomena. After all, for operational thematic mapping, the question of how to obtain the original data in a relatively short time remains open. The use of mobile devices as a means of collecting, editing and storing data in the field in real-time optimizes the further process of operational mapping and brings mobile devices closer to GIS collectors. The experimental part of the study was conducted using mobile devices from different manufacturers at one of the points of the state geodetic network. With a significant number of location applications, the focus is on the Geodesist module. Given its convenient tools for basic geodetic calculations, a variety of formats for entering and displaying coordinates, angles and possible ways to export the results. Using Trimble GNSS Planning software, GPS observations were scheduled and forecast data were obtained during the observation date for probably calculated accuracy. A set of measurements of different times was carried out, including with the use of mobile Internet at the point of the state geodetic network, the coordinates of which were determined by geodetic surveys and satellite methods with the use of professional equipment. The comparison allowed us to determine the range of accuracy and justify the influence of various factors on it. Thus, the expediency of using mobile devices for ground geodetic observations as a means of collecting spatial data for medium-scale topographic and thematic mapping has been confirmed.
Keywords: A-GPS; GNSS; GPS; GNSS; geolocation; positioning; location; navigation.
- Alyzar A., (2017). V 2018 hodu v smartfonakh poiaviatsia sverkhtochnye chypy hlobalnoi navyhatsyy. [Ultra-precise global navigation chips will appear in smartphones in 2018]. Khabrakhabr. Retrieved from: habr.com/ru/post/370833/ (in Russian)
- Kemps S., (2019). Global Digital 2019 reports. New York, We are social Inc. Retrieved January, 30, 2019, from: https://wearesocial.com/blog/ 2019/01/digital-2019-global-internet-use-accelerates
- Kulyk O. B., & Paradnia P. F., (2020). Yssledovanye tochnosty opredelenyia heohrafycheskoho mestopolozhenyia s yspolzovanyem mobylnykh telefonov. [Geolocation accuracy study using mobile phones]. GIS-tekhnolohyy v naukakh o Zemle. Mynsk: Belorusskyi hosudarstvennyi unyversytet. Retrieved from: https://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/254335 (in Russian).
- Multymediina platforma Ukrinform., 2020. Tekhnolohiia 5G v Ukraini mozhe ziavytysia cherez rik-pivtora. [5G technology in Ukraine can be accessed through a year and a half]. (11 lystopada 2020). Kyiv. Retrieved from: www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-technology/3134271-tehnologia-5g-v-ukraini-mozezavitisa-cerez-rikpivtora-fedorov.html (in Ukrainian).
- Onufryeva T. A., & Shchaveleva L. A., (2017). Obzor avtomatyzyrovannykh system pozytsyonyrovanyia obyektov. [Overview of automated object positioning systems]. Mezhdunarodnyi nauchnyi zhurnal “Ynnovatsyonnaia nauka”, (3), 71-73. (in Russian).
- Papaskyry T. V., Ananycheva E. P., Shevchuk A. A., Baidakova K. B. & Dronyna D. A., (2020). Ynformatsyonnoe vzaymodeistvye s servysamy tsyfrovoho zemleustroistva. Moskovskyi ekonomycheskyi zhurnal. [Information interaction with digital land management services], (7), 260- 267. doi: 10.24411/2413-046X-2020-10493 (in Russian).
- PCnews., 2020. Tochnost pozytsyonyrovanyia do 1 metra. Orro predstavyla novuiu tekhnolohyiu dlia smartfonov [Positioning accuracy up to 1 meter. Orro introduced a new technology for smartphones] (26 oktiabria 2020). Rezhym dostupa: https://pcnews.ru/news/tocnost_pozicionirovania_ do_1_metra_oppo_predstavila_novuu_tehnologiu_dla_smartfonov-1026982.html (in Russian).
- Pishko Yu., (2015). Aktualizatsiia parametriv metodyky vidnosnykh suputnykovykh sposterezhen dlia stvorennia opornykh heodezychnykh merezh. [Parameter update of the relative satellite observation methodology used for the еstablishment of geodetic control networks ]. (Dys. kand. tekhn. nauk). NU “Lvivska politekhnika”, Lviv. (in Ukrainian).
- Shlemyn S., (2017). Heolokatsyia v mobylnykh ustroistvakh. [Geolocation in mobile devices]. Almanakh nauchnykh rabot molodykh uchenykh Unyversyteta YTMO. Sankt-Peterburh: Unyversytet YTMO. (in Russian).
- Volkova S. V. & Karavaeva A. V., (2020). Reshenye zadach heopozytsyonyrovanyia po sovokupnosty dannykh s mobylnykh ustroistv. [Solving geolocation problems be aggregates of data from mobile devices]. Nauchnye mezhdystsyplynarnye yssledovanyia, (5), 190-193. DOI: 10.24412/cl-36007-2020-5-190-193 (in Russian).
- Yun-Long Tun, Hsing-Chiang Huang., (2013). US 8,374,787 B2. Washington, DC: bskb.
- Zhuk O., (2019). Pershyi v Ukraini kontrolnyi punkt dlia smartfona vstanovleno v NUBiP. Ofitsiinyi sait NUBiP. [The first checkpoint for a smartphone in Ukraine is installed in NULES]. Retrieved from https://nubip.edu.ua/node/67277 (in Ukrainian).
Hutsul T., Prodanyuk D., 2021. Determining the accuracy of mobile navigation regarding the data of geodetic observations. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3/4 (80/81), 72-76 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English), DOI: 10.17721/1728-2721.2021.80-81.11
Received Editorial Board 15.05.2021
Accepted for publication 09.11.2021