ORCID ID: 0000-0002-9314-0584
State Ecological Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management of the Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
FUNCTIONAL ZONING OF TERRITORIES OF NATIONAL PARKS – THE BACKGROUND OF ITS PLANNING ORGANIZATION OF THE WORLD AND UKRAINE
The issues of functional zoning of the territories of national natural parks of Ukraine and national parks of the world as the key problem of their territorial organization or planning are considered. In a comparative analysis, both positive phenomena and shortcomings of local and world environmental planning, primarily in recreational areas, are shown. The issue of recreational pressure within local and foreign national (natural) parks and their standards is also raised.
It should be noted that the literature does not yet contain sufficiently scientifically substantiated methodological recommendations for the allocation of functional zones, their optimal areas, configurations, permissible anthropogenic (recreational) loads on parts of nature protected areas and sites.
The practical experience of the creation and functioning of the Ukrainian NPP assures that the problem of planning their territory is of fundamental importance. Its practical solution is a basic prerequisite for ensuring the balanced and conflict-free functioning of these multifunctional nature protected areas.
Functional zoning of the NPP territory can also be considered as a target spatial-functional model of the protected area. Accordingly, the practical activities for its protection are territorially differentiated by the allocated functional zones. It is the way to implement this model.
The planning organization is based on the features of the functional zoning of national parks, as well as on the basis of the territorial configuration of the landscape sites (forest areas, systems of lakes, groups of islands, river deltas, and banks of large reservoirs).
The planning organization of national parks is the functional zoning of their territory, which is conditioned by natural factors, on the basis of which different types of spatial planning structures are formed, a kind of “frames” along with the directions of natural axes taking into account the existing systems of settlement, production, transport, and engineering structures.
Keywords: functional zoning, planning organization, planning structures. the national nature park, recreational pressure.
- Andrienko T. L.,Onishchenko V. A., Klestov M. L., Pryadko O. I., Arap R. Ya., (2001). Systema katehorij pryrodno-zapovidnoho phondu Ukrainy [System of categories of nature reserve fund of Ukraine and issues of its optimization]. Kyiv: Phytosocial Center (In Ukrainian).
- Architekturno-planirovoshnaj organizazij nazionalnych parkov [Architectural and planning organization of national parks].Мoskva: TsNTI, 1976 (In Ukrainian).
- Charte du Parc National des Pyrenees – Projet. Franc. 2011.
- Global ecology: A New Arena of Political Conflicts / Ed. By W. Sachs. London: New Jersy, 1993.
- Grodzynsky M. D., (2005). Piznannja landschaphtu: misze i prostir: monographija [Cognition of the landscape: place and space: Monograph]. In 2 volumes. Kyiv: VPTs “Kyiv University”, Vol. 1 (In Ukrainian).
- Hetman V. I., (2012). Nazionalni pryrodni parky Ukrainy [National nature parks of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Editorial Board of Natural and Mathematical Cycles. (School World Library) (In Ukrainian).
- Hetman V.I., (2017). Metodyshni rekomendazii schodo vyznashennj rekreazijnych nawantaschenj u meschach pryrodno-zapovidnych terytorij I objektiv [Methodical recommendations for determining recreational loads within nature reserves and objects]. Poltava: “Dyvosvit” (In Ukrainian).
- Menedshment ochoronnych lisiv Ukrainy [Management of protected forests of Ukraine] / Pid zahalnoju redakzieu akad. NAN Ukrainy Shelyaga- Sosonko Yu. R. Kyiv: Phytosocial Center, 2003 (In Ukrainian).
- Metodisheskie rekomendazii po architekturno-planirovoshnoj organizazii pryrodnych parkov Ukrainskoj SSR [Methodical recommendations on the architectural and planning organization of natural parks of the Ukrainian SSR]. Kyiv: КyivNIIPgrad, 1978 (In Ukrainian).
- Metodyshni rekomendazii shodo skladu ta zmistu proektu orhanizazii terytorii nazionalnoho pryrodnoho parku, ochorony, vidtvorennja ta razionalnoho wykorystannja joho pryrodnych kompleksiv i objektiv [Methodical recommendations on the composition and content of the Project of organization of the territory of the national nature park, protection, reproduction and recreational use of its natural complexes and objects]. Kyiv: Center for Ecomonitoring of Ukraine, 2005 (In Ukrainian).
- Nazionalnyje parky v Polsche [National parks in Poland]. Warsaw: Shevelier, 1989 (In Poland).
- Panchenko T., (2000). Ecotourism Development in the Black Sea Region of Ukraine. The Black Sea ecological problems. Odessa. SCSEIO. P. 204–207.
- Panchenko T., (2009). Guidelines on Territorial Planning in Coastal Zone. Version 2. Kyiv: Ukraine – EC: (Netherlands UK, Belgium. 39 p.
- Panchenko T. F., (2015). Landschaphtno-rekreazijne planuwannja pryrodno-zapovidnych terytorij [Landscape-recreational planning of nature reserves [Monograph] Kyiv: Logos (In Ukrainian).
- Popovych S. Yu., (2007). Pryrodno-zapovidna sprava: Navshalnyl posibnyk [Nature-reserve affair: Textbook]. Kyiv: Aristei (In Ukrainian).
- Pryrodno-zapowidnyi phond Ukrainy zahalnodershavnoho znashennja. Dovidnyk [Nature Reserve Fund of Ukraine of national importance. Directory] Kyiv: Omega- L, 1999 (In Ukrainian).
- Shyshchenko P. G.,(1988). Prikladnala phizisheskaja geographija [Applied physical geography]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola (In Ukrainian).
- Zabelina N. M., (1987). Nazionalnyj park [National Park] Мoskov: Mysl (In Russian).
- Zapovidna sprava v Ukraini [Reserves and national nature parks of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola (In Ukrainian).
- Zapovidna sprawa v Ukraini [Protected area in Ukraine] / Pid zahalnoju redakzieu M. D. Grodzinskoho i M. P. Stetsenka. Kyiv: Gepgraphica, 2003 (In Ukrainian).
Getman V., 2021. Functional zoning of territories of national parks – the background of its planning organization of the world and Ukraine. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3/4 (80/81), 65-71 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English), DOI: 10.17721/1728-2721.2021.80-81.10
Received Editorial Board 05.01.2021
Accepted for publication 09.11.2021