THE APPROACH TO THE CHOICE OF SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGICAL BASIS FOR COMPILATION A THEMATIC INTERACTIVE MAP OF THE NATURAL RESERVE FUND OF UKRAINE (NRFU) IN POLTAVA REGION
Doctor of Geographical Science, Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Institute of Geography NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Author’s approach to the choice of software and technological basis for compilation a thematic interactive map of the Natural Reserve Fund of Ukraine (NRFU) in Poltava region was offered in the article. The content of relevant key concepts and tendencies of their progressive development under the conditions of scientific-and-technological advance were revealed.
On the basis of working in a full-featured and multifunctional geoinformation systems (GIS) environment practical experience, the criteria for the selection of application software products suitable for the thematic interactive maps compilation, taking into account the peculiarities of information and software of the created database of NRFU objects were determined. They were: free distribution; freedom of manipulation with functionality; dynamic development; extended documentation support; interoperability. It was selected full-featured GIS – QGIS, the most optimal GIS that was installed on the technical system or that would be used to obtain a thematic interactive map of the NRF in Poltava region.
For the most part, it was characterized the content of the corresponding cartographic working out, which consists of more than 200 objects, divided into 4 main categories of national and local importance (national nature park; nature reserve of national importance; natural monuments, botanical gardens and parks of national importance; territories and local nature reserve fund objects) that were displayed with the dot, line, and plane symbols in a certain electronic map-full zoom mode.
The main principles of forming of the technical and technological component in the algorithm of compilation the modern types of cartographic works were determined and adapted to the interactive specified region NRF map development. There was constructed a structural and graphical model, which represented the system settings of the most active elements of the process, determining the technological way to obtain the eventual result (a product in the form of a cartographic product or service), and was carried out with the help of the necessary tools, organized into a corresponding technological scheme.
thematic interactive map, nature reserve fund, scientific and technological progress, geographical information systems, database, application capabilities, interoperability, software product, NRFU object categories, technological scheme.
- Bondarenko E. L. Informatsiyne ta prohramne zabezpechennya rozrobky bazy danykh ob’ektiv pryrodno-zapovidnoho fondu Ukrainy v Polavs’kii oblasti / L. Bondarenko, M. O. Kyrylyuk // Visnyk Kyivs’koho hatsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Geografiya. – 2017. – № 69. – S. 118–122.
- Bondarenko E. L. Konspekt lektsii z dystsypliny “GIS і basy danykh” / Bondarenko E. L. – K.: RVV NTU, 2014. – 160 s.
- Karta pryrodno-zapovidnoho fondu Volyns’koyi oblasti [Electronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://eco.voladm.gov.ua
- Na Sumschyni presentuvaly atlas-dovidnyk “Pryrodno-zapovidnyi fond Sums’koyi oblasti” [Electronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu:http://sm.gov.ua/uk/arkhiv1/12468-na-sumshchyni-prezentuvaly-atlas-dovidnyk-pryrodno-zapovidnyy-fond-sumskoyi-oblasti.html
- Pisna R. S. Teoretyko-metodychni osnovy stvorennya tematych interaktyvnykh kart (na prykladi krytychnoi infrastruktury mista Kyeva) / R. S. Pisna // Avtoreferat dys. kand. geogr. nauk za spetsial’nistyu00.12 (geografichna kartografiya). – K.: Kyivs’kyi natsional’nyi universytet imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, 2019. – 20 s.
- Polyvach K. A. Informatsiyno-dovidkovyi atlas pryrodno-zapovidnoho fondu rehiony / K. А. Polyvach // Ukrains’kyi Geografichnyi Zhurnal. – 2016. – № 1. – S. 53–60.
- Pryrodno-zapovidnyi fond Poltavshchyny [Electronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.eco-poltava.gov.ua/pzfzag.htm
- Pryrodno-zapovidnyi fond Rivnenshchyny [Electronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: https://rivne.travel/ua/rivne/prirodno-zapovidniy-fond-rivnenschini
- Shorokhova R. S. Holovni napryamy stvorennya interaktyvnykh kartografichnykh rozrobok v Ukraini / R. S. Shorokhova // Mohylyovs’kyi meridian. – 2017. – № 3–4 (39–40). – S. 95–101.
Bondarenko, E., Kyrylyuk, M., 2019. The approach to the choice of software and technological basis for compilation a thematic interactive map of the natural reserve fund of Ukraine (NRFU) in Poltava region. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (75), 99-103 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English ), doi: 10.17721/1728-2721.2019.75.16
Received Editorial Board 30.10.2019
Accepted for publication 02.12.2019