TAFFAL LANDSCAPE IN THE STRUCTURE OF THE CITY (FOR EXAMPLE, LUTSK)
ORCID iD https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6801-7197
Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
The article presents the results of scientific work on the features of the organization of the tafal landscape in the city structure. The tafal landscape is valuable and has the great socio-economic importance in the life of the society and can serve as an indicator of a number of characteristics of a settlement.
The methodological basis of the study is the concept of structural-geographical analysis, which is based on scientific approaches of natural sciences and socio-geographical directions in order to solve effectively the problems of territorial planning, preservation of natural and historical and cultural heritage, harmonization of relations in the system «man-nature-economy». The paper uses a systematic approach to the study of the sacral landscape as a whole organized territorial system and a set of methods, in particular: structural-logical generalization and system analysis, comparative-geographical, historical-geographical, cartographic.
It is reasonable to study the tafal landscape as a part of the sacred because it is connected with the rite, ritual, symbol, myth. The author considers it to be a complex natural-anthropogenic or anthropogenic system that covers burial, natural, anthropogenic and anthropogenic-technological components, a person, or a group of people who, through perceptual factors, consider such a system to be an object of worship and honour.
The leading factors of the functioning of the tafal landscape in the structure of the city are substantiated, in particular: physical-geographical and socio-economic conditions, sanitary compliance, transport accessibility, availability of the temple complex. The regularities of the spatial arrangement of the studied systems are investigated and the following types are distinguished: middle, peripheral, remote. It is proved that with the development of the city, its area is increased, and the spatial location of the tafal landscapes is changed.
Historical-geographical analysis of 18 cemeteries of Lutsk (disappeared, closed, partially closed) was carried out. The investigation made it possible to reveal their functional status at different period of time, area, confessional or other affiliation. The draft of all the cemeteries of the city shows a significant increase in its area over the last century in the directions – north, south. Among the functioning cemeteries of Lutsk there are 1 cemetery (outside the city) and 3 partially closed, which according to the zoning plan are located in the territorial area of the cemeteries.
The norms and preventive measures within the limits of modern and paleotafal landscapes, which should be taken into account in the active development of modern Ukrainian cities, and when the studied systems are absorbed by the architectural development and local infrastructure, are highlighted.
tafal landscape, sacral landscape, cemetery, sanitary and moral standards, Lutsk.
- Arhiv Jugo-zapadnoj Rossii, ch. 1, t. 4, S. 334.
- Ves’ Jugo-Zapadnyj kraj: Spravochnaja kniga torgovo-promyshlennyh i fabrichno-zavodskih predprijatij, administrativnyh uchrezhdenij i krupnogo zemlevladenija v gubernii Kievskoj, Volynskoj, Podol’skoj. – K., 1907. – S.640.
- Volovyk V. M. Etnokulturni landshafty: rehionalni struktury i pryrodokorystuvannia : monohrafiia / V. M. Volovyk. – Vinnytsia, 2013. ‒ 464 s.
- Derzhavnyi arkhiv Volynskoi oblasti. R-20, Lutskyi miskyi viddil komunalnoho hospodarstva, op.1, 34, ark.1-6.
- Derzhavnyi arkhiv Volynskoi oblasti, f. 338, op. 1, spr. 189.
- Derzhavni sanitarni pravyla ta normy «Hihiienichni vymohy shchodo oblashtuvannia i utrymannia kladovyshch v naselenykh punktakh Ukrainy». – K.: Derzhavna sanitarnoepidemiolohichna sluzhba Ukrainy, 1999. – 13 s.
- Kuchera M. P. Arheologicheskie issledovanija Volynskogo otrjada/ M. P. Kuchera // Arhologicheskie issledovanija na Ukraine 1968 g. ‒ Vip. 3. ‒ K: Nauk. dumka, 1971. ‒ S. 242–245.
- Plan zonuvannia mista. Skhema planuvalnykh obmezhen: Lutska miska rada. Mistobuduvannia [Elektronnyi resurs]. ‒ Rezhym dostupu https://www.lutskrada.gov.ua/pages/mistobuduvannia
- Kolosok B. Lutsk: Arkhitekturno-istorychnyi narys / Kolosok, R. Metelnytskyi. ‒ K.: Budivelnyk, 1990. ‒ S. 48.
- Malevskaja M. V. Issledovanija cerkvi XІІ v. v Luckom zamke / Malevskaja M. V. // A O 1985 goda. – M.: Nauka, 1987. – S. 365.
- Mishchenko O. V. Istoryko-heohrafichni aspekty formuvannia ta funktsionuvannia tafalnykh landshaftiv / V. Mishchenko // Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. ‒ Seriia : heohrafichni nauky. Vyp. 10. ‒ Kherson: Vydavnychyi dim «Helvetyka», 2019. ‒ S. 42-47. DOI 10.32999/ksu2413-7391/2019-10-6
- Mishchenko O. V. Structural organization of sacred landscapes / V. Mishchenko // Journal of Geology, Geography and Geoecology, 2019. ‒ 28 (3), P. 487-494. DOI: 10.15421/111944
- Price L. W. Some results and implications of a cemetery study /. W. Price // Professional Geographer, 1966. ‒ 18, 7-201.
- Saichuk B. Khramy i tsvyntari starozhytnoho Lutska / Saichuk // Naukovo-informatsiinyi zbirnyk LDIKZ «Staryi Lutsk». – Lutsk. – Vyp. II. – S. 5-40.
- Slavjanskie drevnosti. Jetnolingvisticheskij slovar’ / Pod redakciej N. I. Tolstogo. ‒ M. : Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija, 1995. ‒ T. 2. D-K. ‒ S.503.
Mishchenko, O., 2019. Taffal landscape in the structure of the city (for example, Lutsk). Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (75), 49-54 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English), doi: 10.17721/1728-2721.2019.75.8
Received Editorial Board 07.10.2019
Accepted for publication 16.11.2019