GEOGRAPHICAL PRINCIPLES OF ACTIVITY OF NOVA POSHTA AND UKRPOSHTA COMPANIES IN THE SPHERE OF LOGISTIC SERVICE ON THE EXAMPLE OF HOLOSIIVSKYI DISTRICT OF KYIV
PhD Geography, Assistant Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The study examines the theoretical aspects of logistics and logistics service, clarifies the essence of service logistics and factors of its formation. It is found out that the process of complex logistics service, in this case, includes delivery, pre-sales and after-sales customer service, support services, fulfilment and more. It is determined that the modern logistic enterprise, first of all, is focused on meeting all the needs of consumers, and the leading position in the market is occupied by the company that provides the maximum level of service and quality of service at a comfortable price in the current conditions. It is revealed that the determining factors for the development of logistics service are the concentration of people within the area, the developed transport infrastructure, the density of connections routes, as well as the economic links between the participants of the logistics process, which determine the need for quality service.
The article describes in detail the features of the activity of two large logistics companies – the private company Nova Poshta and the state-owned enterprise Ukrposhta within the Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv. It is revealed that the level of development of the company depends directly on the service aspect of its activity, the focus on the convenience of the location of offices within walking distance of users. In the research, the main directions of work of logistics companies are outlined and the comparative analysis of their activity is made. It is revealed that the system of the location of the branches Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta within the Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv has 42 offices of the Nova Poshta enterprise and 17 offices of the Ukrposhta company. At the same time, a large part of the Holosiivskyi district is uninhabited and occupied by the natural zones of the Holosiivskyi Forest and the Holosiivskyi National Nature Park. As a result, the offices are unevenly located, and their location depends on the level of development of the territory, high concentration of people and housing development, developed transport network. For the most part, the offices of Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta tend to be subway-oriented, the part of the territory that is most heavily populated by infrastructure and actively used by the people. For the most part, the offices of Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta divisions tend to the subway line – the part of the territory that is most heavily populated by infrastructure and actively used by the citizenry. Offices locations are also linked to international and regional highways. Thus, important roads of international and regional importance E40, E95, R01, are located within the Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv, along which are offices Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta. There is a small amount of the offices of logistics centres in comparison with other districts of the city because the territory of the district is largely occupied by a natural area, which is not densely populated. Thus, the Holosiivskyi district accounts for 13,3% of the total number of offices of Nova Poshta in Kyiv and 11,9% of the total number of offices of Ukrposhta. The set of sections of the company Nova Poshta also has a higher coefficient of localization within the Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv than the offices of Ukrposhta. The calculated coefficient was 154,6% for Nova Poshta, the coefficient is lower and is 138,3% for Ukrposhta.
A sociological survey regarding the service of Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta companies on the main indicators (such as level of trust, ease of use, quality of service, cost of services and the breadth of the range of services provided) was conducted among the population and guests of the Holosiivskyi District. The analysis revealed that the private company Nova Poshta has a higher level of trust than the state-owned Ukrposhta. The study found that the people are more supportive of the company Nova Poshta and highly appreciates its range and quality of services, the convenience of the location of offices. According to the results obtained, Nova Poshta is a leader in the provision of transport and warehousing services, because of the focus of the enterprise policy on providing a wide service spectrum to consumers and maximally satisfying their needs at the optimum price.
logistic activity, logistic service, territorial concentration, accessibility, Holosiivskyi district.
1.Hryhorak M. YU. Intelektualizatsiia rynku lohistychnykh posluh : Monohrafiia / M. YU. Hryhorak, 2017.
2. Krykavskyi YE. V. Materialni potoky u logistytsi promyslovoho pidpryiemstva : Monohrafiia / YE. V. Krykavskyi, (N.M. Vasyltsiv, V.A. Falovych) / Za nauk. red. prof. Krykavskoho YE. V., 2015.
3. Oklander M. A. Lohistychna systema pidpryiemstva : Monohrafiia / M. A. Oklander, 2004.
4. Oliinyk YA. B., Smyrnov I.H. Mizhnarodna lohistyka. Navchalnyi posibnyk, 2011.
5. Oliinyk YA. B., Shyshchenko P. H., Stepanenko A. V., Masliak P.O. Heohrafiia : Navchalnyi posibnyk, 2006.
6. Ofitsiinyi sait PAT Ukrposhta [Elektronnyi resurs] – Rezhym dostupu: https://ukrposhta.ua
7. Ofitsiinyi sait TOV Nova poshta [Elektronnyi resurs] – Rezhym dostupu: https://novaposhta.ua
8. Pavlov V. I. Transportno-logistychnyi kompleks rehionu : integratsiyni protsesy : Monohrafiia / V. I. Pavlov, S. M. Bortnik, 2005.
9. Palant O. YU. Lohistyka transportnoho kompleksu rehionu (perspektyvy investuvannia ta innovatsiynoho rozvytku) : Monohrafiia / O. YU. Palant, 2012.
10. Perebyinis V. I., Perebyinis O. V. Transportno-lohistychni systemy pidpryiemstv : formuvannia ta funktsionuvannia : Monohrafiia, 2005.
11. Perebyinis V. I., Drobotia YA. A. Lohistychne upravlinnia zapasamy na pidpryiemstvakh : Monohrafiia, 2012.
12. Serheev V. I. Lohistika v biznese : Uchebnik, 2001.
13. Smyrnov I. H. Lohistyka: prostorovo-terytorialnyi vymir : Monohrafiia / I. H. Smyrnov, 2012.
14. Topchiiev O. H. Osnovy suspilnoi heohrafii : Navchalnyi posibnyk, 2014.
15. Chukhrai N.I. Lohistychne obsluhovuvannia : Pidruchnuk, 2006.
16. Shevchuk YA. V. Avtotransportna infrastruktura: teoriia i metody suchasnykn rehionalnykh doslidzhen : Monohrafiia / YA. V Shevchuk, 2011.
17. Bake J., Pessoa M., Becker J. Service chain logistics management for increasing equipment uptime, 2018.
18. Barcik R., Jakubiec M. The significance of customer service in logistics, 2013.
19. Busse C., Wallenberg C. Innovation management of logistics service providers : foundations, review, and research agenda, 2011.
20. Christopher M. Logistics and supply chain management. Fifth edition, 2016.
21. Gajewska T., Evangelos G. Importance of logistics services attributes influencing customer satisfaction, 2015.
22. Gassin T. Logistics and transport management, 2005.
23. Juga J., Juntunen J., Juntunen M. Impact of service quality, image and relational aspects on satisfaction and loyalty in logistics outsourcing relationships, 2012.
24. Kampf R., Lizbetinova L., Tislerova K. Management of customer service in terms of logistics information systems, 2017.
25. Kersten W., Koch J. The effect of quality management on the service quality and business success of logistics service providers, 2010.
26. Klaus P. Towards a science of logistics / P. Klaus, S. Müller, 2012.
27. Leuschner R., Lambert D. Establishing logistics service strategies that increase sales, 2013.
28. Stank T., Goldsby T., Vickery S. Logistics service performance: estimating its influence on market share, 2011.
29. Stefansson G. Collaborative logistics management and the role of third‐party service providers, 2006.
30. Wallenburg C. Innonation in logistics outsoursing relationships : proactive improvement by logistics service providers as a driver of customer loyalty, 2009.
Zapototska, V., Ryndich, L., 2019. Geographical principles of activity of Nova Poshta and Ukrposhta companies in the sphere of logistic service on the example of Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (75), 34-43 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English), doi: 10.17721/1728-2721.2019.75.6
Received Editorial Board 17.12.2019
Accepted for publication 26.12.2019