ADMINISTRATIVE AND TERRITORIAL PECULIARITIES OF TRANSITION OF THE TOWNS OF THE CARPATHIAN REGION TO THE PATH OF SUSTAINABLE
Н.Mashika, Doctor of Science in Geography, Associate Professor
Mykachevo State University, Mykachevo, Ukraine
In the article, it has been examined the peculiarities of the transition of the towns of the Carpathian region to sustainable development. It has been established that today the global level has a significant impact on the socio-economic situation of Ukraine and the Carpathian region in particular. It has also been found out that according to the Constitution of Ukraine, our state is defined as “social”, which imposes certain obligations on it regarding strategic priorities of socio-economic development. However, sustainable development, which has three components, such as social, economic and ecological, is becoming of great relevance. It has been proved that social, economic and ecological components are the basis of economic potential both of the Carpathian region as the whole and of the towns that are part of the regions of this area. The main definitions of strategic management of sustainable development have been analysed. The features of strategic and operational management of sustainable development have been emphasized, and the main principles of strategic management of sustainable development have been described. This article describes the ratio of goals and means of economic development in the long-term run, which has been determined by the President of Ukraine. The analysis of indicators of the sustainable development of the Carpathian region has been carried out. The regulatory legal documents of the strategic management of the sustainable development of Ukraine and its regions have been clarified, and problems of the strategic management of sustainable development have been identified. It has been revealed that among the strategic regulatory legal acts the highest priority in terms of the sustainable development, in particular of the Carpathian region, belongs to the Strategy of the Sustainable Development “Ukraine-2020”, which was approved by the Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 5/2015 dated January 12, 2015. The purpose of the Strategy is to introduce European standards of living in Ukraine, and the emergence of Ukraine into leading positions in the world. For this purpose, the movement forward will be conducted according to the following vectors. The first one is the vector of development, which means the provision of the sustainable development of the state, the implementation of structural reforms and, consequently, the improvement of standards of living. Ukraine should become the kind of state with a strong economy and advanced innovations. The next vector is the vector of security, which means providing security guarantees for the state, business and citizens, and protecting investments and private property. The vector of responsibility is to ensure guarantees that every citizen, regardless their race, skin colour, political, religious or other beliefs, gender, ethnic or social origin, property status, place of living, language or other characteristics, should have access to high-quality education, the system of health care and other services in the public and private sectors. The last one is the vector of pride, which is to ensure mutual respect and tolerance in society, the pride of its own state, its history, culture, science, and sport.
Keywords: economy, economic complex, economic potential, the Carpathian region, sustainable development, territorial structure.
- Bezzub I. Enhancing energy efficiency is a guarantee of Ukraine’s energy independence. Aviable at: http://nbuviap.gov.ua/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=745:pidvishchennya-energoefektivnosti&catid= 8&Itemid=350
- Boichuk I. M. (2001) Enterprise Exemption. Lviv: “Novyi svit-2000” 249 р.
- Voliak L. R. (2014) “Resource saving as a prerequisite for increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise”.Stalyi rozvytok ekonomiky. No – P. 115-119.
- Goncharenko I. V.(2009) “Socio-economic development of rural areas Region: Theory and Practice” Monografiya NAN Ukrayiny’. Instytut Regional’n/x doslidzhen’. – L’viv- 370 р.
- Dziadykevych Yu. V.(2014) “Ways to improve the use of natural resources”. Stalyi rozvytok ekonomiky. No P. 88-93.
- Dy’nny’k I. P. (2015) “The development of the Ukrainian state in the context of Sustainable Development Strategy” Ukraine – 2020 “”Efekty- vnist’ derzhavnogo upravlinnya- рр. 264-271
- Dy’xa M. V.(2014) “The principal approaches to the definition of socio-economic development” Ekonomika Ukrayiny.- P. 29-37.
- Kinash I. A.(2016) “Secondary resource use as a factor of effective resource-saving activity”. Ekonomichnyi forum. No – P. 104-109.
- Kostyuk I. V. (2014) “The concept of economic development strategy: social dimension” Naukovy’j visny’k NLTU Ukrayiny- рр. 212-218.
- Leshanych S.Ie. (2015) “Comprehensive assessment and analysis of the economic potential of the region”. JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT, No1(2). – 51-60
- Lutsiv O. V.(2014) “Areas of formation of investment potential of regions of Ukraine” Finansovyiprostir, No1 (13). – P. 106-111
- Pavlikha N. V.(2018) “Conceptual principles of management of sustainable development of the city in the conditions of European integration and implementation of the decentralization reform” Rehionalna ekonomika. – рр. 29-35.
- Sereda O. V. (2016) “Conceptual principles of sustainable urban development in the context of implementing energy conservation policies”. Ekonomichni nauky. Seriia : Rehionalna ekonomika. – рр. 350-358.
- Tkachenko T. M. (2017) “Green constructions in the concept of sustainable development of modern cities”. Materyalovedenye. Mashynostroenye. Seryia : Sozdanye vbisokotekhnolohycheskykh эkokompleksov v Ukrayne na osnove kontseptsyy sbalansyrovannoho (ustoichyvoho) razvytyia. – рр. 179-186.
- Ustinova I. I. (2017) “Fractality of concentric spatial structures in the context of sustainable development of ecological and urban systems”. Mistobuduvannia ta terytorialne planuvannia. – рр. 405-412.
- Frolov S. M., Shestopalov V. H. (2014) “Financial potential of the region: research of the essence and analysis of its structure” Problemy i perspektyvy rozvytku bankivskoi systemy Ukrainy. No – P. 225–232
- Khymynets V. V. (2014) “The place and role of the resort and recreation cluster in the sustainable development of the Carpathian region” Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu. Ser. : Ekonomika. No – P. 240-247
- Tsyklauri O. B. (2018) “Integration of the goals of sustainable development of cities and communities in conditions of decentralization in Ukraine”. – рр. 209-217.
- Chushenko V. O. (2014) “Socio-economic potential as a tool for managing regional development” Naukovyi visnyk Bukovynskoho derzhavnoho finansovo-ekonomichnoho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky. 27. – P. 287-292
- Shevchuk Ya. V. (2014) “Resource support and evaluation of certain types of economic activity in the Carpathian region” Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy.24.10. P. 300-306.
- Shvajka L. A. (2006) “State regulation of the economy: teach. guidances. ” Ky’yiv. Vyd-vo “Znannya”- 435 p
- laroshenko I. V., Semyhulina I. B. (2015) “Analysis of strategic approaches and problem issues in organizing forecasting of social and economic development in the EU and Ukraine”. Problemy ekonomiky. No – P. 99-107
- Symochko H. (2015) “Constructive approaches to paid nature management development in tourism and recreational facilities”. International Journal of Economics & Society. Memphis, USA, V. 1, Issue – P. 96-99.
Н.Mashika (2019) Administrative and territorial peculiarities of transition of the towns of the Carpathian region to the path of sustainable. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 1 (74), 30-35 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).
Received Editorial Board 06/03/2019
Accepted for publication 19/06/2019