EDUCATIONAL COMPLEX OF THE HERSON AREA: THE CURRENT STATE
AND PROSPECTS OF DEVELOPMENT
Y. Oliinyk, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor,
Academic of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
T. Nych, PhD Geography, Assistant Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The essence of the educational complex of the Kherson region as a holistic socio-geographical formation is revealed. The importance, role and place of the educational complex in the economic and social development of the territory are highlighted. The most important factors in the formation of the educational complex are revealed. The attention is paid to the deterioration of the demographic situation and its impact on the development of education. The specific of the branch structure of the educational complex is characterized. The analysis of territorial features of functioning and placement of components of the educational complex: pre-school education, general secondary education, out-of-school education, vocational education, higher education, postgraduate education, post-graduate and doctoral studies, self-education, lifelong education. Particular attention is paid to the territorial differentiation of the network of preschool and general education institutions. The dynamic of the number of MES in the region and the problem of uneven placement is traced. The tendency towards the decrease in the number of general educational institutions is revealed, which is the result of a decrease in the number of students due to the deterioration of the demographic situation. The process of formation of basic educational institutions and the impact on them of united territorial communities are described, the system of vocational education is characterized, characteristic features of the development of higher education, placement of the network of institutions of higher education, types of training of specialists are determined, the main forms of preparation of scientific and scientific and pedagogical personnel are singled out. High-level qualifications in the field: post-graduate and doctoral studies. The attention is paid to the increase in the demand for higher qualification specialists. The modern transformational processes in the development of the educational complex of the region are highlighted. The main problems are described and perspective directions of further development of the educational complex are grounded.
Keywords: educational complex, the structure of education, development problems of education, Kherson region
- Ilyev O. M. Territorial organization of the educational complex of the Volyn region: dissertation. geogr. Sciences: 00.02 – “Economic and social geography” / O. M.I liev. – Kyiv. [In Ukrainian].
- Kaleniuk I. Education in the market environment and noneconomic values / Kalenyuk // Economy of Ukraine. – 2003. – No. 7 [In Ukrainian].
- Komarova O .A. Formation of educational potential of society: methodology, methodology, practice: dis …. Doctor of Economic Sciences: 00.03 / O.A.Komarova. – Kyiv. 2009 [In Ukrainian].
- Melnichenko T. Yu. Educational complex of Ukraine : the current state and directions of improvement of the territorial organization: author’s abstract. Dis … geogr. Sciences: 11.00.02 / T. Yu. Melnichenko; NAS of Ukraine. Institute of Geography. – Kyiv., 2005 [In Ukrainian].
- Nych T.V. Geography of the intellectual potential of the Khmelnitsky region / V. Nych. Kyiv: Print-Service, 2017 [In Ukrainian].
- Oliynyk Y. B. Spatial Organization of Socio-geographical Processes in Ukraine / B. Oliynyk, L. M. Nemets, K. A. Nemets. – Kharkiv, 2003 [In Ukrainian].
- Strategy for the development of the Kherson region up to 2020 (project): [project] [In Ukrainian].
- Official site of the Main Department of Statistics in the Kherson region [Electronic resource]. – Mode of access: http://www.ks.ukrstat.gov.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Official site of the management of education of Kherson city council [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.gorono.ftl.kherson.ua/php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1228&Itemid=649. [In Ukrainian].
- Official site of the Kherson Regional State Administration [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://khoda.gov.ua/informaciya-pro-oblast [In Ukrainian].
- Statistical Yearbook of Kherson Oblast for – Kherson, 2018 [In Ukrainian].
- Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for – Kyiv [In Ukrainian].
Y. Oliinyk, T. Nych (2019) Educational complex of the Herson area: the current state and prospects of development. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 1 (74), 23-29 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).
Received Editorial Board 01/05/2019
Accepted for publication 19/06/2019