GEOECOLOGICAL PARADIGM IN UKRAINIAN HIGHER EDUCATION
P. Shyshchenko, Doctor of Science in Geography, Professor
O. Havrylenko, PhD Geography, Associate Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The article deals with the meaningful content of educational disciplines of geoecological profile, which should ensure qualitative changes in the educational process and the introduction of innovative technologies for it to successfully implement the practical knowledge acquired by students of theoretical knowledge. Due to the increasing of the dangerous consequences of human activity and the complication of current geoecological problems, the geoecological profession and the ability of higher education institutions graduates to introduce the acquired knowledge in practical activity become extremely urgent. One of the main ways from theory to practice in the process of acquiring higher education is the geoecological approach to optimizing the spatial-temporal structural-functional landscape organization of the territory. The meaningful content of the three structural blocks of the academic discipline “Geoecology of Ukraine” for Master degree students should correspond to the general research methodology, the main geoecological problems and the application of research results to solve these problems.
At different stages of studying the discipline, appropriate forms and methods of ensuring the educational process are used. At the initial stage, such forms are the organization of non-standard lecture lessons in the form of multimedia presentations, as well as seminars with tests, public speeches and student discussions. The main stage of studying the discipline is devoted to the analysis of modern geoecological problems of Ukraine. The disclosure of these problems should be based on the scheme “the influence of inefficient nature management – the change of geo- ecosystems components – violation of these components geoecological functions due to negative effects – ways to restore broken communications”. At this stage of discipline studies, it is advisable to combine classic traditional teaching techniques with creative search, application of innovative educational technologies, original didactic ideas. Introduction in the educational process a relatively new for Ukraine Method of projects allows students to not only better learn lecture material, but also learn to independently acquire knowledge in close cooperation with the teacher. The method provides an individual work according to the plan drawn up by the project team, and the results of this work will have theoretical, practical and cognitive significance. The offered algorithm of carrying out students’ project activity is: first of all, the essence of the problem is revealed; then the factors and causes of its occurrence are analyzed; after that, the ways of solving the problem are being developed and their effectiveness is evaluated.
The approximate themes of student projects within the framework of the educational discipline are determined, as well as the forms of interaction between students and the teacher at certain stages of work on the project. The themes of the last, applied, section of the discipline are related to the practical aspects of geoecological research and may be selected by students independently, on the example of their city, district, and region. This is important for students to understand the project activity as an adaptive strategy for the arrangement of a comfortable people environment. Upon assimilation of all educational program themes, future specialists become trained in practical implementation of the geoecological approach to optimization of nature using in order to solve actual problems. Upon assimilation of all educational program themes, future specialists become trained in practical implementation of the geoecological approach to optimization of nature using in order to solve actual problems.
Keywords: geoecology, geo-ecosystem, educational process, project method, geotechnical system, geoecological design.
- Bachinskij G. A. Geojekologija kak oblast’ soprikosnovenija geografii i sociojekologii / A. Bachinskij // Izvestija Vsesojuznogo geograficheskogo obshhestva. – 1989. – T. 121. – Vyp. 1.
- By’strova Yu. V. Innovacijni metody’ navchannya u vy’shhij shkoli Ukrayiny’ [Elektronny’j resurs] // Pravo ta innovacijne suspil’stvo : nauk. vy’d. – 2015. – # 1. – Rezhy’m dostupu : http://apir.org.ua/wp- content/uploads/2015/04/Bystrova.pdf
- Golubev G. Osnovy geojekologii : ucheb. / G. N. Golubev. – M. : KNORUS, 2016.
- Karbovanecz’ O. I. Model’ organizaciyi samostijnoyi roboty’ studentiv mikrobiologichnogo zmistu / I. Karbovanecz // Naukovy’j visny’k Uzhgorods’kogo nacz. un-tu. Seriya : Pedagogika. Social’na robota. – 2013. Vy’p.
- Kruglov I. S. Geoekologiya ta geografiya / S. Kruglov // Naukovi zapy’sky’ Ternopil’s’kogo derzh. ped. un-tu. Seriya : geografiya. – 2004. – # 2, Ch. 1. – S. 49-55.
- Pro vy’shhu osvitu : Zakon Ukrayiny’ vid 1 ly’pnya 2014 # 1556 VII // Oficz. visn. Ukrayiny’. – 2014. – # 63.
- Rozanov L. L. Metodologicheskij aspekt geojekologii / L. Rozanov// Vestnik MGOU. Serija : Estestvennye nauki. – 2015. – # 2.
- Timashev I. E. Geojekologija kak jekologo-landshaftnaja nauka [Elektronnij resurs] // Vestnik VGU, serija : Geojekologija. – 2007. – # 1. – Rezhim dostupu : http://www.vestnik.vsu.ru/pdf/geograph/2007/01/2007-01-01.pdf
- Chajkovs’ka G. B. Proektni texnologiyi yak efekty’vny’j zasib formuvannya ekologichnoyi kul’tury’ studentiv / B. Chajkovs // Naukovi zapy’sky’ TNPU im. Volody’my’ra Gnatyuka. Seriya : Pedagogika. – 2017. – # 3.
- Shyshhenko P. G. Geoekologiya v naukovo-osvitn’omu vy’miri / G. Shyshhenko, O. P. Gavry’lenko // Visny’k Ky’yivs’kogo nacz. universy’- tetu im. Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriya : Geografiya. – 2018. – Vy’p. 1(70).
- Odum H. T. Concepts and methods of ecological engineering / T. Odum, B. Odum // Ecological Engineering. – 2003. – No. 20.
- Sprott R. A. Factors that foster and deter advanced teachers’ professional development / A. Sprott // Teaching and Teacher Education. – V. 77.
P. Shyshchenko, O. Havrylenko (2019) Geoecological paradigm in Ukrainian higher education. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 1 (74), 18-23 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).
Received Editorial Board 22/04/2019
Accepted for publication 19/06/2019