THE RESULTS OF CHECKING OF METEOROLOGICAL OBSERVATIONS DOMINANT DATA IN THE CUTTING OF THE DISTRICT OF RIVER BASINS AND SUBBASEINS OF UKRAINE
O. Obodovskyi, Doctor of Science in Geography, Professor,
V. Grebin, Doctor of Science in Geography, Professor,
S. Snizhko, Doctor of Science in Geography, Professor,
I. Kuprikov, PhD Geography,
O. Shevchenko, PhD Geography, Associate Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
This article presents the results of the verification of the homogeneity of the data of long-term observations on the average annual air temperature and annual precipitation amounts according to the data of 143 meteorological stations operating on the territory of Ukraine to date and have a long (in the vast majority of cases, more than 55-60 years) rows of observations within 14 areas of river basins and sub-basins that have been allocated within the country for research. To do this, the parametric criteria of Student and Fischer, as well as the non-parametric Wilcoxon criterion, were used. Briefly described these three criteria and statistical methods for assessing the homogeneity of hydrological and meteorological sequences in general. The basic concepts of mathematical statistics, such as the null hypothesis, the statistical criterion, the level of significance, the critical area, are deciphered. The number of used meteorological stations for each of the selected areas of river basins and sub-basins was determined. The heterogeneity of the series of average annual air temperature for all 14 selected areas of river basins and sub-basins was revealed. The rows of the long-term course of average annual air temperatures are homogeneous only at two meteorological stations within the boundaries of the Crimean river basin districts (Simferopol and Dzhankoy). Significant homogeneity of the rows of annual precipitation amounts for the overwhelming majority of areas of river basins and sub-basins was also revealed. It is noted that for five of the studied areas of river basins and sub-basins, the homogeneity index is 100 % for all three of the involved criteria of mathematical statistics. The lowest index of homogeneity of the rows of annual rainfall amounts is typical for the Wisla River basin district, where it is 60 %. This is one of the smallest selected areas, which occupies a very small area within Ukraine (about 4 %). The following conclusions are made: 1. The indices of homogeneity of the rows of annual precipitation amounts received for the territory of Ukraine according to 143 meteorological stations indicate that there are no directed changes in annual rainfall in most of the country. 2. The indices of homogeneity of the series of average annual values of air temperatures obtained for the territory of Ukraine according to the data of the same 143 meteorological stations according to different criteria testify to the violation of the homogeneity of this indicator on the territory of Ukraine since about 1989, which testifies to the climatic changes taking place in the country over the past decades, reflecting global climate change.
Keywords: homogeneity, statistical criterion, long-term course, area of a river basin, air temperature, precipitation.
- Vladimirov A. M. Gidrologicheskie raschety / M. Vladimirov. – L., 1990. – 366 s.
- Gopchenko E. D .Gidrologichni rozrahunky : pidruchnyk / D. Gopchenko, N. S. Loboda, V. A. Ocharuk. – Odesa, 2014. – 484 s.
- Gorbachova L. O. Metodychni pidhody shchodo ocinky stacionarnosti I odnoridnosti gidrologichnyh riadiv sposterezhn’ / O. Gorbachova // Gidrologija, gidrohimija I gidroekologija. – 2014. – Т. 1. 22-31.
- Grebin V. V. Suchasnj vodnyj rezhym richok Ukrijiny ( landshaftno – gidrologicnyj analiz ) / V. Grebin. – К. : Nika-Centr, 2010. – 316 s.
- Grebin V. V. Ocinka odnoridnosti harakterystyk termichnogo rezhymu vody I povitria v basenji Pivdennogo Bugu / V. Grebin, E. R. Rahmatullina, V. V. Zhovnir// Gidrologija, gidrohimija I gidroekologija. – Т. 2(37). – S. 86-93.
- Kazakevich D. I. Osnovy teorii sluchajnyh funkcyj v zadachah gidrometeorologii / I. Kazakevich . – L. : Gidrometeoizdat, 1989. – 228 s.
- Metodicheskie rekomendatsyi po ocenke odnorodnosti gidrologicheskih harakteristik I opredeleniu ih raschetnyh znachenij po neodnorodnym danym // GU “GGI”. – , 2010. – 162 s.
- Obodovskyi O. G. gidrologicheskie issledovaija I prognoz gidroeergeticheskogo potenciala rek Ukrainskih Karpat v uslovijah izmenenija klimata / G. Obodovskyi, K. U. Danko, S. I. Snezhko, O. I. Lukjanets i dr. / Vodnyje resursy I klimat: Materialy dokladov V Mezhdunarodnogo vodnogo foruma : t. 2 – Minsk: BTTU, 2017. – S. 245-249.
- Opredelenie raschetnyh gidrologicheskih harakteristik SniP 01.14-83. – M., 1983. – 97 s.
- Rahmatullina E. R. Analiz odnoridnosti harakteristik zimnego rezhyma rek bassejna Juzhnogo Buga / R. Rahmatullina, V. V. Grebin // Energetika. – T. 60. – Nr. 3. – 2014. – P. 182-194.
- Rekomendacyi po statisticheskim metodam analiza odnorodnosti prostranstvenno-vremmennyh kolebanij rechnogo stoka GU “GGI”. – , 1984.
- Rozhdestvenskij A. V. Ocenka tochnosti gidrologicheskih raschetov / V. Rozhdestvenskij, A. V. Ezhov , A. V. Saharuk.- L., 1990. – 276 s.
- Samojlenko V. M. Statystychni ta stohastychni matematychni metody v geografiji: elektronnyj pidruchnyk (z gryfom MONMS Ukrajiny, lyst № 1/11-7940 vid 08.2011) / V. M Samojlenko, O. M. Toluzov. – К. : Nika- Centr, 2011. – CD, ISBN 978-966-521-580-6. – 25,4 d^.
- Snizhko S. I. Teorija i metody analizu regionalnyh gidrohimichnyh system : monografija / I. Snizhko.- K., 2006. – 284 s.
- Obodovskyi O. Patterns and Forecast of long-term Cyclical Fluctuations of the Water Runoff of Ukrainian Carpathians Rivers // Obodovskyi, O. / Lukianets. // Environment research engineering and management. – 2017. – № 73(1). – Р. 33- 47.
O. Obodovskyi, V. Grebin, S. Snizhko, I. Kuprikov, O. Shevchenko (2019) The results of checking of meteorological observations dominant data in the cutting of the district of river basins and subbaseins of Ukraine. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 1 (74), 9-13 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).
Received Editorial Board 06/03/2019
Accepted for publication 19/06/2019