CULTURAL-EDUCATIONAL TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN UKRAINE: KAMYANETS-PODILSKY
Uliganets S., Arion O., Bol D.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Features of the cultural-educational tourism development as one of becoming more popular among tourists are considered here. Its development in Kamyanets-Podilsky as one of the tourist centres with a strong historical and cultural potential is described. In this paper the SWOT analysis of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats are presented in order to determine the prospects and problems of cultural and educational tourism development in the research area.
According to its purpose, the SWOT analysis of cultural-educational tourism in Kamyanets-Podilsky is a “tool” for introducing realistic action plans in Kamyanets-Podilsky city, in which, along with medium-term strategic goals, short-term operational goals will be defined, their own projects namely. On the one hand, the implementation of these projects should weaken the influence of the weaknesses of the city, with the simultaneous strengthening of its strengths. On the other hand, to contribute fully, avoiding threats, to the use of opportunities that may arise out of external forces.
tourism, leisure, culture, historical and cultural heritage, cultural-educational tourism.
- Bondarenko M.P. Turystychnyy sektor ekonomiky Ukrayiny : realiyi ta perspektyvy / M.P. Bondarenko // Ekonomika i prohnozuvannya. – 2011. – №1. – S. 104 – 119.
- Lyubitseva O.O. Rynok turystychnykh posluh / O.O. Lyubitseva. – K. : Alʹterpres, 2006. – 436 s.
- Prohrama « Populyaryzatsiyi turystychnoho potentsialu mista Kamʺyantsya-Podilʹsʹkohona 2016-2020 roky ». – Ofitsiynyy veb-sayt Kamyanetsʹ-Podilʹsʹkoyimisʹkoyi rady. – [Elektronnyy resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://kam-pod.gov.ua/
- Ferreol J. Culture et stylesdevie / J. Ferreol, J.-P. Noreck, А. Colin. – Paris, 2001. – [Elektronnyy resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://portal.unesco.org/culture/
- Human Development Report 2004 : Cultural Liberty in Today’s Diverse World. – UN, 2004. 4. ICOMOS Tourism Handbook for World Heritage Site Managers. ICOMOS, 1993.
- International Convention to Safeguard Intangible Cultural Heritage : UNESCO’s General Conference. 32 nd Session. – Paris, 29 September – 17 October 2003.
Uliganets S., Arion O., Bol D. (2018) Cultural-educational tourism development in Ukraine: Kamyanets-Podilsky. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3 (72), 77-81 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).