MODERN TRENDS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF TREATMENT AND RECREATION TOURISM IN LVIV REGION
Zapototskyi S., Horyn I.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The article reveals the main features of health-improving tourism of Lviv region. The main factors of developments in the health-improving sphere of the region are noted, particularly, favourable climatic conditions, available natural mineral waters, medical mud, forest resources, etc. Sanatorium and spa establishments of Lviv region were studied. The main factors of demand formation are highlighted, among them – high prices and their non-conformity with the quality of sanatorium and resort services, low income of the population and its incapability to pay for rest in sanatorium and resort facilities, lack of effective state policy, regarding the field and the direction of support and stimulation of sanatorium and resort facilities, inefficient management system of sanatorium and resort facilities, their outdated, insufficient level of advertising support and limited range of tourist and recreational services as well as insufficient quality of additional services. Tourist flows of Lviv region resort cities are studied. According to the data, in 2017, among all the cities of Lviv region, the largest number of tourists was observed in Truskavets, Lviv, Boryslav and Morshyn – about 3 million. Among them – citizens of Poland, Azerbaijan, Moldova, Belarus, Israel, Germany and other countries. The article analyzes institutions of accommodation of largest balneological resorts of the region and the cost of living in them. The main advantages of resort area in studied settlements of the region are highlighted, in particular, its advantageous geographical position, favourable climatic conditions, availability of mineral resources, rich historical and cultural heritage as well as presence of small and medium enterprises, development of trade and services, and a large number of sanatorium and resort establishments, mostly privately owned. These can also bolster the field, considering the wide price range for such establishments. Altogether these factors further signify an already established notion – “Lviv region is a major tourist hub”.
Lviv region, sanatorium and resort establishments, tourists, visitors, accommodation establishments, dwellings, resort area, SWOT-analysis.
- Baeva O. V. Trends in the development of sanatorium and resort business in Ukraine / O. V. Baeva, N. I. Novalska // Problems of modernization of Ukraine. Scientific journal – Issue 1. – K.: SE “Publishing House” Personnel, 2015 – 52-55 pp.
- Beidyk O.O. Methodology and methods of analysis of recreational and tourist resources of Ukraine: di … Dr. geogr. Sciences: 11.00.02 / Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev. – K., 2004.
- Zavadyak M. I. Balneological resorts of the Transcarpathian region / M. I. Zavadyak, T. I. Madryga, M. V. Popovich. – Uzhgorod: Lira, 2012. – 256 pp.
- Zavarika H.M. Resort Affairs / Tutorial – K.: Center for Educational Literature, 2015. – 264 p.
- Liubitseva O. The market of tourist services (geospatial aspects). – K.: Altpress, 2002. – 436 pp.
- Malskaya M. P., Rutinsky M. Y. Therapeutic and Health Tourism // Malskaya M. P., Rutinsky M. Y., Pankov N. M. Tourism in international and national dimensions. History and Modernity: Monograph / M. P. Malskaya, M. Y. Rutinsky, N. M. Pankov. – Lviv: Publishing Center of Ivan Franko Lviv National University, 2008. – 191-210 pp.
- The Main Department of Statistics in Lviv region/ Official site. [Electronic resource] – Access mode: http://www.lv.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- Hotels24.ua. Official site. [Electronic resource] – Access mode: https://hotels24.ua/
- Rutinsky M. Y. Classification and typology of resorts // Bulletin of the Lviv National University. The series is geographic. – 2007. – Issue 34. – 236-246 p.
- 10. Rutinsky M. Y. Key principles of the sustainable development of the resort and recreation sphere of the western region of Ukraine // Sustainable use of natural resources: approaches, problems, prospects. Materials of the III International sciences conf. (May 28-29, 2010) / M. Y. Rutinsky. – Ternopil: Textbooks and manuals, 2010. – 137-138 pp.
- Stafiichuk V.I. Recreology / Tutorial. – K.: Altpress, 2006. – 264 pp. Mapping 15.
- Tkachenko T.I. Sustainable Tourism Development : Theory, Methodology, Business Realities – Monograph – K.: Kyiv National Trade and Economic University, 2009. – 463 pp.
- Chornenka N. V. Organization of the tourism industry: a manual. – K.: Atika, 2006. – 264 p.
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2016-2017 / Klaus Schwab, World Economic Forum. – Geneva, Switzerland 2016. – 383 p
- The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2015 / World Economic Forum. – Geneva, Switzerland 2015. – 525 p.
Zapototskyi S., Horyn I. (2018) Modern trends in the development of treatment and recreation tourism in Lviv region. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3 (72), 70-76 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).