NATIONAL AND WORLD HERITAGE AS A FACTOR OF DEVELOPMENT OF INTERNATIONAL TOURISM
Beidyk O., Semenko B.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The article analyzes the hierarchy of fundamental world recreational and tourist resources. The qualitative-quantitative characteristics, the spatial distribution of UNESCO objects and the systematized data are presented. The structure of the UNESCO World Heritage sites is analyzed. Created schematic map of the structure and territorial distribution of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Ukraine. The advantages obtained by states when making their objects to the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites are established. It is indicated that it contributes to the organization of monitoring and control of the state of conservation of natural and cultural objects. It is emphasized that UNESCO objects fall into the tourist guides of the world, and hence to the proposed routes of travel agencies. The factors that determine the presence of UNESCO objects in the country were analyzed. The geographic distribution of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world and Ukraine is analyzed. The geographical distribution of the objects “Seven Wonders of Ukraine”, which were selected during the all-Ukrainian contest, was highlighted. An analysis of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Ukraine was conducted, their preliminary list. The attention is focused on the fact that the entry into the national list of intangible heritage in Ukraine is a necessary step for the objects to obtain the status of the “intangible heritage of UNESCO. The objects, which are included in the national list of intangible heritage in Ukraine, are analyzed. The map “The most significant recreational and tourist resources of Ukraine” was developed. It is noted that four of the seven Ukrainian objects of the UNESCO World Heritage Site are entirely within the territory of Ukraine. The remaining 3 objects are partly in the territory of other states. It was indicated that during the time of cooperation with the Organization Ukraine initiated many international programs and projects. Seven Ukrainian cultural-architectural and natural objects are listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. It is noted that the large volume of quantitative and qualitative data obtained when selecting UNESCO objects contributes to the formation of informed cultural policies and the integration of culture in the development strategy, thereby contributing to the implementation of the UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions. The analysis made it possible to establish that the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites is concentrated in the European macroregion, thus Ukrainian entities that are part of the UNESCO World Heritage have to withstand significant competition in attracting international tourist flows. It is stated that the Asian market has the world’s largest tourism industry, and the number of objects of the World Heritage is second only to Europe.
UNESCO, historical and cultural heritage, international tourism, national heritage.
- Beydik O.O. Novosad N.O. Unikalna Ukraina : geografiya ta resursi turizmu, Kiyv. – 2013.
- Beydik O.O. Monumentalna ta muzeina Shevchenkiana : natsionalniy ta svitoviy vimir. Kharkiv, 2014.
- Beydik O.O. Nosko E.O. Obekti vsesvitnoi spadshini UNESKO : svitoviy ta natsionalniy vimir. – R., 2018.
- 4. Vedenin U.A. Osnovi geograficheskogo podhoda k izucheniu I sohraneniu kulturnogo naslediya. – M., 2004.
- Zorin I.V. Entsiklopediya turizmu / I.V. Zorin, V.A. Kvartalnov. – M., 2000.
- Konvensia pro ohoronu vsesvitnoi kulturnoi ta prirodnoi spadshini (Parish, 1972) // Ukraina v mishnarodno-pravovih vidnosinah.- K., 1997.
- Konvensia pro ohoronu nematerialnoi kulturnoi spadshini (Parish, 2003) [ Elektroniy resurs] / Reshim dostupu: http://www.unesco.org
- 8. Mironenko N.S. Tverdohlebov I.T. Rekreatsionaya geografiya. –M.,
- Piroshnik I.I. Osnovi geografii turizma I ekskursionogo obslushivaniya : Ucheb. Posobiye. – Minsk 1985.
- Rodoman B.B. Teritorialniye areali I seti . Ocherki teoreticheskoy geografii . – Smolensk. – 1999.
Beidyk O., Semenko B. (2018) National and world heritage as a factor of development of international tourism. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3 (72), 65-70 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).