POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY OF XXI CENTURY
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The main regularities of the formation of the political map of the world and its individual regions in the XXI century.
Socio-geographical patterns in the field of political geography are determined by two objective factors. The first is that over time, the complexity of any territory increases. This is due to the fact that with the development of civilization and population growth, the territory of any taxonomic rank is constantly becoming more complex. More and more people and objects appear on it. Thus, smaller areas of size receive objective advantages over large ones.
The second factor is determined by the fact that on the political map of the world the number of countries absolutely does not coincide with the number of nations. The latter at least 50 times more. However, also absolutely objectively, no nation can fully realize its potential without the formation of a national state.
Proposed psychological-mental approach to the assessment of spatial-territorial factors in political geography.
The main contradictions between the action of objective laws of forming a map of the world in the XXI century and the principles of international relations.
Thus, on the basis of an objective statement that can be considered as axioms, we obtain the main interrelated patterns of forming a political map of the world in the XXI century. These include the pattern of imminent collapse of empires; the pattern of gradual increase in the number of countries on the political map of the world; the pattern of creation of national countries; regularity of the geopolitical pendulum of history.
In the XXI century the importance of spatial and territorial factors in the development of the political map of the world. Moreover, their implementation will take place against the background of psychological and mental local impulses. The development of individual countries will increasingly depend on the balance of their territories in a changing geopolitical space.
a political map of the world, regularities of the formation of the political map of the world, principles of international relations.
- Humanitarni ta resursni problemy natsionalʹnoyi bezpeky Ukrayiny: Monohrafiya, – K.: VPK «Ekspres-Polihraf», 2011.
- Dakhno I.I. Krayiny svitu: entsyklopedychnyy dovidnyk, – K.Mapa, 2004.
- Dnistryansʹkyy M.S. Ukrayina v polityko-heohrafichnomu vymiri, – L.: LNU, 2000.
- Dubovych I.A. Krayinoznavchyy slovnyk-dovidnyk, – L.: Liha-pres, 2005
- Maslyak P.O. Krayinoznavstvo: Pidruchnyk, – K.: Znannya, 2008.
- Rozhkov S.S. Dynamyka ymperyy. – K.: Yn-t fyzyky AN Ukrayny, 1993.
- Sokolenko S.I. Hlobalizatsiya i ekonomika Ukrayiny, – K.: Lohos, 1999.
- Shabliy O. Osnovy zahalʹnoyi suspilʹnoyi heohrafiyi, – L.: LNU, 2003.
- Yurkivsʹkyy V.M. Krayiny svitu, – K.: Lybidʹ, 2001.
- Yatsenko B.P. Politychna heohrafiya, – K.: NANU, 2005.
- Taylor P.I. The state as container: Territoriality in the Modern World System|| Progress in Human Geography . – 1994.
Masliak P. (2018) Political geography of XXI century. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3 (72), 10-13 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).