CURRENT TRENDS OF FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN AGRIBUSINESS IN UKRAINE
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The article emphasizes the importance of the agrarian sphere for the stabilization and development of the Ukrainian economy. It is determined that agrosphere is the object of research of representatives of various scientific directions. Terminological inconsistency was found in the definition of such concepts as agrobusiness, agro-industrial complex, agrarian sphere (industry, sector), agriculture, in connection with which their differentiation was made and an attempt was made to outline their content. It is noted that with the development of market relations, the term “agrobusiness” is the most successful and acceptable for defining all processes that occur in the agro-industrial complex. The attention is drawn to the lack of a unified methodology for statistical accounting and a system of generalized indicators of inflow of investments. The principles are generalized, taking into account the international experience, according to which today the collection and analysis of statistical data in the agrarian sector are carried out in Ukraine. The existing problems of statistical accounting of foreign investments into agrarian business are highlighted. A retrospective analysis of foreign investment in the agrarian business of Ukraine was conducted. It was revealed that from 2009 to the present day, the pre-crisis indicators of inflow of foreign investments did not succeed. An estimation of modern tendencies of foreign investment in the agrarian business of Ukraine is carried out. The following perspective factors of investment revival, such as the permanent growth of demand for its products, the reduction of risks, the positive impact of reforms, the diversification of markets, and the expansion of sown areas, are highlighted. The structure of foreign investments in agrarian business is considered. It is noted that the most attractive for investors are such industries as crop production (sunflower growing, barley, corn, rape, wheat, honey, soybeans) and livestock farming, as well as auxiliary activities in agriculture and post-harvest activities. TOP-5 of the largest investor-countries of agrobusiness activity of Ukraine are allocated. The territorial features of financial revenues from foreign investors in Ukrainian agrobusiness are presented. It is generalized that in the regional dimension, the leaders in the volume of foreign investments received are the Kyiv and Ivano-Frankivsk regions, and more than a third of all foreign investment in agriculture, forestry and fisheries of Ukraine falls on the city of Kyiv, where the head offices of many agricultural producers are located. As a conclusion to the article, measures were proposed to improve and improve the structure of foreign investment in agrobusiness in Ukraine both at the state and corporate levels.
agrobusiness, agro-industrial complex, agrarian sphere, agriculture, foreign direct investments.
- Agrobiznes Ukrainy 2016/2017 [JElektronnyj resurs] // InVenture : Investicionnyj portal. – 2017. – Rezhim dostupa : https://inventure.com.ua/analytics/investments/agrobiznes-ukrainy-2016-2017
- Investicii v APK: CHto zhdet Ukrainu v 2016 godu [JElektronnyj resurs] // UkrAgroKonsalt. – 2016. – Rezhim dostupa : http://www.ukragroconsult.com/news/investicii-v-apk-chto-zhdet-ukrainu-v-2016-m
- Dolgosheja N. O. Teoretichnі osnovi traktuvannja agrobіznesu v ekonomіchnіj naucі / N. O. Dolgosheja // Ekonomіka ta derzhava. – 2011. – № 1. – S. 76–78.
- Zapotoc’kij S. Organіzacіjnі zasadi pіdvishhennja konkurentozdatnostі agrarnogo virobnictva regіonu / S. Zapotoc’kij, І. Zapotoc’ka, І. Bublik // Ekonomіchna ta socіal’na geografіja : nauk. zb. / [Red. Kol. : S. І. Іshhuk (vіdp. red.) ta іn.]. – K., 2010 – Vip. 1 (61) – S. 233–240.
- Marushhinec’ A. V. Transformacіja agrarnoї sferi ta socіal’no-ekonomіchnij rozvitok Kiїvs’kogo Pridnіprov’ja : avtoref. dis. … kand. geograf. nauk : 11.00.02 – ekonomіchna ta socіal’na geografіja / A. V. Marushhinec’. – K., 2016. – 26 s.
- Nagorna V. APK Ukraїni – vazhlivij ob’єkt doslіdzhen’ akademіchnoї geografіchnoї nauki (sut’, retrospektiva, strategіchnі naprjamki) / V. Nagorna // Іstorіja ukraїns’koї geografії. – 2002. – Vip. 5. – S. 72–77.
- Rєpіn K. Shovana dlja virobnichoї kul’turi [Elektronnij resurs] / K. Rєpіn // Zerno : elektronnij zhurnal. – 2017. – Rezhim dostupu : http://www.zerno-ua.com/journals/2017/iyun-2017-god/shovanka-dlya-virobnichoyi-kulturi
- Suraj І. Ponjattja derzhavnogo upravlіnnja agrarnim sektorom ekonomіki Ukraїni / І. Suraj // Zb. nauk. pr. NADU ; za zag. red. B. I. Lugovogo, V. M. Knjazєva. – K. : Vid-vo NADU, 2003. – Vip. 2. – S. 259–270.
Kyslytska I. (2018) Current trends of foreign investment in agribusiness in Ukraine. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (71), 49-53 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).