SPATIAL ANALYSIS OF PROVIDING CHILDREN’S CAMPS OF THE TERRITORIAL UNITS OF UKRAINE
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
This paper reveals features of the infrastructure potential of children’s tourism and recreation in Ukraine. The purpose of the article is to determine the level of providing children’s camps in Ukraine. It allowed finding one of the reasons for a low level of service providing in the country with a strong recreational potential. This research was based on analyzing the data of Derzhavnyi reiestr dytiachykh zakladiv ozdorovlennia ta vidpochynku (the State Register of Children’s camps) and Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy (the State Statistics Service of Ukraine) regarding children’s health improvement and recreation. There were used content-, mathematical and statistical analysis of the State Register of Children’s camps and the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, expert opinions of the MINISTRY of SOCIAL POLICY of UKRAINE. Mostly, there was carried out the spatial analysis of providing children’s camps of the territorial units of Ukraine of higher and average levels. Furthermore, there was constructed the map of providing appropriate facilities with five different levels (very low, low, medium, high, very high). This research confirms the low level of providing children’s camps in different territorial units in Ukraine. Besides, a lot of territorial units of our country with high and very high levels of providing are temporarily occupied and uncontrolled. This study allowed highlighting the basic regularities of children’s camps placement in Ukraine, such as the placement of camps tends to nature-recreational resources, most camps are located in villages or settlements of urban type, suburban areas of district centres or cities of regional subordination, only one children`s camp is situated on territories with very low and low level of providing. Thus, only 42,2 % of territorial units in Ukraine are used for the needs of children`s tourism. Nonetheless, there is a prospect of building a network of children’s camps in areas with significant nature-recreational potential, which today are provided by camps at low and medium levels.
providing children’s camps, children`s camps placement, children’s tourism, recreation, territorial differentiation.
1. Vasylenko O. A. Matemachno-statystychni metody analizu u prykladnykh doslidzhenniakh: navch. posib. / O. A. Vasylenko, I. A. Sencha. – Odesa, 2011.
2. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky: [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
3. Derzhavnyi reiestr dytiachykh zakladiv ozdorovlennia ta vidpochynku: [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://drdz.mlsp.gov.ua/msm/
4. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro ozdorovlennia ta vidpochynok ditei» vid 04.09.2008 № 375-VI: [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/375-17
5. Malska M.P., Khudo V.V. Turystychnyi biznes: teoriia ta praktyka. Pidruchnyk. 2-vyd.pererob.ta dop. – K., 2012.
6. Ofitsiinyi portal Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy: [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://rada.gov.ua/
7. Statystychnyi biuleten «Ozdorovlennia ditei u dytiachykh zakladakh ozdorovlennia ta vidpochynku vlitku 2013 roku». – K., 2013.
8. Statystychnyi biuleten «Ozdorovlennia ditei u dytiachykh zakladakh ozdorovlennia ta vidpochynku vlitku 2017 roku». – K., 2017.
9. Shablii O.I. Matematychni metody v sotsialno-ekonomichnii heohrafii: navch.vydannia. – Lviv, 1994.
Dolhova K. (2018) Spatial analysis of providing children’s camps of the territorial units of Ukraine. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (71), 35-38 (in Ukranian, abstr. in English).