LANDSCAPE-ECOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF THE DNISTER-DNIPRO REGION GEOSYSTEMS FOR AGRO-MANAGEMENT NEEDS
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
Erosion processes affect landscapes, cause significant ecological, economic and socio-economic losses, is one of the reasons for the loss of land resources.
Erosion processes play a crucial role in landscaping and natural-economic planning of the territory. The study of erosion processes enables the creation and substantiation of landscaping programs, the preservation of natural landscapes, the management of organic farming and the creation of an ecological framework of the territories.
The research substantiates the theoretical and methodological principles of the landscape and ecological analysis of territories for agro-management needs. The positional dynamic approach is determined to be the most appropriate in substantiating the optimal landscape-agrarian management of territories. After all, the paradynamic regions, in which we study the management of agrarian geosystems, do not divide the watersheds that are the main part in the planning of agricultural fields. Due to this, the positional dynamic landscape-territorial structure allows us to perform a landscape-ecological assessment and to substantiate the optimal natural and economic planning of geosystems.
The research studies the peculiarities of the territorial manifestation of erosion processes in the Dnister-Dnipro region on the example of the Rohizno paradynamic region. The landscape-functional structure of the territory, steepness of slopes, type and soil washout are analyzed.
The qualitative estimation of the susceptibility of agricultural geosystems of the Dnister-Dnipro region to erosion processes has been carried out. It is revealed that sloping landscape strips with grey podzolized soils on losses, sloping and steep landscape strips with grey podzolized soils on losses, and steep landscape strips with turfy carbonate soils on eluvium of dense carbonate rocks are the most susceptible to erosion processes in the Rohizno paradynamic region. It is these landscape strips that are the most problematic in the region. Such territories require priority attention of managers when substantiating the programs of regional economic development, planning the organic farming and anti-erosion measures.
The slightly sloping landscape strips with dark grey- podzolized gleyed soils on losses, and sloping landscape strips with dark-grey podzolized gleyed soils on losses are the most resistant to erosion processes. These territories are the most favourable to agriculture.
landscape-ecological analysis, geosystems, erosion processes, landscape bands, paradynamic region.
- Braude I.D. Zakreplenie i osvoenie ovragov, balok i krutyih sklonov. – M., 1959.
- Dokuchaev V.V. Ovragi i ih znachenie // Sobr. Soch. – M.-L.: Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1949. T.1. S.103-111.
- Dokuchaev V.V. Ovragi, ih proishozhdenie i deyatelnost. – SPb., 1887. – 76 s.
- Dokuchaev V.V. Sposobyi obrazovaniya rechnyih dolin Evropeyskoy Rossii. – M., 1949. Vyip. 2.
- Kovalchuk I.P. Rehionalnyi ekoloho-heomorfolohichnyi analiz – Lviv : Instytut ukrainoznavstva, 1997.- 440s.
- Svetlichnyiy A.A., Chernyiy S.G., F.N. Lisetskiy. Problema erozii pochv v nauchnom nasledii G.I. Shvebsa i osnovne napravleniya ego razvitiya // Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im.V.N. Karazina. – 2009, № 849. – S. 8 -15.
- Svetlichnyiy A.A., Chernyiy S.G., Shvebs G. I. Eroziovedenie : teoreticheskie i prikladnyie aspektyi : Monografiya. – Sumyi : Universitetskaya kniga, 2004. – 410 s.
- Shvebs G.I. Teoreticheskie osnovyi eroziovedeniya. – K. : Vyshcha shkola, 1981. – 222 s.
Zhuravkevych A. (2017) Landscape-ecological analysis of the Dnister-Dnipro region geosystems for agro-management needs. Visnyk Kyivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3-4 (68-69), 177-180 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).