CARTOGRAPHIC MONITORING OF QUALITY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The paper deals with the approaches to determination of the notion “quality of high education”. The fundamental criterions and indeces, which be the base of cartographic monitoring are grounded. Construction of cartographic monitoring direct to main aspects of the quality of high education: quality of the result, quality of conditions, quality of a process.
The types of higher education institutions and objective factors for stimulating and developing higher education in Ukraine are identified. The concept of “quality of education” is substantiated, the system of indicators of its estimation and cartographic monitoring is given.Cartographic monitoring focuses on the main aspects of the quality of higher education: the quality of the result, the quality of the conditions, the quality of the processes. The main purpose of indicators for monitoring higher education of Ukraine is determined. The indicator is understood as meaningful statistics that provide information on conditions, stability and change, functioning or achievement of the higher education system. It is proved that the modern educational space is characterized by two types of models of educational indicators: international and national ones. The necessity of creating a system of cartographic monitoring of higher education in Ukraine is proved. Its basis will be the quality, efficiency and cost of training per student. The quality of higher education is the number of academic hours, the filling of educational institutions, the qualifications of the teaching staff. Efficiency: data on admission to different levels of education, the number of students who left education before completing it. The analysis of the cost of training per student from different higher educational institutions allows us to estimate the correspondence of expenses to the tasks set. This group of indicators today is the most difficult in terms of data closure and the complexity of the structure of financing expenditures for higher education
Three maps that characterize the high educational institutions of Ukraine in looking of science metric of the database Sciverse Scopus, a general rating of high educational institutions of Ukraine, a geometric rating of the universities of the world.
higher education, mapping of higher education, quality of higher education, scientific metric bases.
1.Vahrushin V., Gorban O, Yakist vishsoi osvity ta suchasni pidhody do ii vymiryuvanya. // Osvita i upravlinnya. – 2012, т.15, № 1. – s. 7 – 11.
2. Vebometrychnyi reyityng universytetiv svitu// Osvita I upravlinnya. . – 2012, т.15, № 1. – s. 7 – 11.
3.DSTU ISO 9000 : 2007. Systemy upravlinnya yakistyu. Osnovni polozennya ta slovnyk terminiv/ – Derzspozyvstandart Ukrainy, 2008. – 34 с.
4. Zakon Ukrainy vid від 01.07.2015 roky року № 1556 –VII “Pro vyshsu osvitu”
5.Kompas – 2013. Reyityng VNZ Ukrainy // Osvita I upravlinnya – 2013, t.16, № 1-2. – s. 173 – 188.
6.Nauka Ukrainy v dzerkali naukometrychnoi bazy danyh Sciverse Scopus vid 26 chervnya 2013 roku // Osvita I upravlinnya t. 16, № 1-2, – s. 166 – 171.
7. Osvitni reformy: misiya, diysnistʹ, Monohrafiya (za red. V. Kremenya ta insh.). – K.: TOV «Vydavnyche pidpryyemstvo «Edelʹveys», 2013. – 460 s.
8. Osnovni pokaznyky diyalʹnosti vyshchykh navchalʹnykh zakladiv Ukrayiny na pochatok 2014/2015 navchalʹnoho roku // Stat. Byuletenʹ. – K., Derzh. sluzhba statystyky. – 2016. – 219 s.
9. Parashchenko L. Naukove obgruntuvannya kryteriyiv i pokaznykiv dlya natsionalʹnoyi systemy monitorynhu yakosti osvity // Osvita i upravlinnya. – 2009, t.12, №3-4. – S. 110-116.
10. Sichkarenko H. Pochatok strukturnykh peretvorenʹ v systemi vyshchoyi osvity nezalezhnoyi Ukrayiny. // Osvita i upravlinnya. – 2012, t.15, №2-3. – s. 73 -79.
Dudun T. (2017) Cartographic monitoring of quality of higher education. Visnyk Kyivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3-4 (68-69), 122-126 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).