SPATIAL TRANSFORMATIONS AND FEATURES OF THEIR PERCEPTION IN HERSON CITY ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE “HBK” MICRODISTRICT
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
A retrospective analysis of the KhBK microdistrict is releaved. The role of the microdistrict in the formation of the city planning structure and its significance is analyzed. The modern features of the development and functioning of objects within the test area are shown. The factors influencing the spread of spatial transformation urban space within the test area are analyzed. The features of spatial transformations within the test area (revitalization, gentrification, disappearing of old functions) are determined. The main functional purpose of the test area were the performance of industrial and residential functions. Microdistrict was a classical industrial microdistrict because it was built for the KhBK workers. But its functions are changed nowadays. Main functional purpose of the test area, for now, are recreational and services and residential functions. On the territory of the microdistrict there are objects which were revitalized: the third pavilion of Kherson Cotton Factory – become a shopping and entertainment centre «KhBK». At the same time, there are objects which were lost the “old” function and have not a new one: “Sputnik” cinema, The first and the second pavilion of Kherson Cotton Factory. One of the factors of the spatial transformation at the test area is the tendency of trade commercialization, it is inherent in all the cities of Ukraine. The results of the sociological survey on the perception transformation urban space by the inhabitants KhBK microdistrict are analyzed. However, respondents believe that in the future with the cultural function and expansion of rest zones should strengthen the housing function of the area. It should be noted that results of responses analysis are showed that in general, residents of the microdistrict have an active civic position. Also, we can state that the residents of the microdistrict are not indifferent to the spatial transformations of the district, and they are interested to know information about changes in the urban space.
transformation, city, spatial transformations of the city, functional changes, perception of spatial transformations.
- Istoriya mist I sil Ukrainskoi RSR. Khersonska oblast (1971) [The history of URSR cities and villages. Kherson region.] K, Golovna redaktsiya URE AN URSR, 108-114.
- Kostyuk, L.I. (1987). Kherson. Ulitsy pomnyat [Kherson. Streets remember] [Text] // V.F. Rakovich, I.D. Ratner – Putevoditel, Symf. : Tavriya, 112.
- Mezentsev K. Mezentseva N. (2012). Prostransvennye sotsialno-ekonomicheskie izmeniniya v Kieve I aglomeratsii [Spatial social-economic transformation of the Kyiv agglomeration] Sotsialno-economicheskaya geografiya. Vestnic Asotsiatsii rossiiskih geografov-obshchestvovedov (AGRO), 1, 109-123.
- Melnyk, L., Oreshchenko, A., Batychenko, S. (2016). Transformaciji mis’kogho prostoru na prykladi testovoji diljanky v m. Luc’k [The urban space transformation of Lutsk as an example]., Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA, 1 (64), 53-57.
- Melnychuk, A.L., Kokovsky, L.O. (2014). Vidminnosti spryiniattia transformatsii systemy pryrodokorystuvannia u miskii mistsevosti prymiskoi zony Kyieva [Differences of perception of natural resource management system transformations in the urban environment of Kyiv suburban area]. Kyivskyi geografichnyi schorichnyk, 9, 110-126.
- Ne ofitsialnii sait istorii goroda Khersona [Electronnyi resurs] [No official webpage of Kherson city history] // URL: http://www.mycity.kherson.ua/istoriya/1978-1997-gody/1986-god.html
- Pitjurenko, Ju.I. (1972). Rozvytok mist i misjke rozselennja v Ukrajins’kij RSR (osoblyvosti rozvytku i rozmishhennja, typologhija, terytorial’ni systemy i perspektyvy) [Urban development and urban settlement in the Ukrainian SSR (features of development and placing, typology, territorial system and prospects)]. K., 187.
- Rudenko, L. ed. (2015). Funkcyy ghorodov y ykh vlyjanye na prostranstvo [City functions and their influence on the place]. K. : Fenyks, 292.
- Rudenko, L.Gh. ed.( 2013). Izmeneniya gorodskogo prostranstva v Ukraine [Urban territories changes in Ukraine] К, 160.
- Kherson. Rozroblennya planu zonuvannya terytorii mista, (2014). [Development of zoning plan for the territory of the city] State Enterprise Y.Bilokon Ukrainian State Scientific-Research Institute of Urban Design “DIPROMISTO”. К., 91.
Kryvets О. (2017) Spatial transformations and features of their perception in Herson city on the example of the “HBK” microdistrict. Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3-4 (68-69), 91-97 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).