ECOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF STUDYING OF NATURAL-RECREATION POTENTIAL OF MOUNTAIN GEOSYSTEMS (ON EXAMPLE OF SOUTHERN SLOPE OF THE GREATER CAUCASUS)
1 Ismaylov M., 2 Ismaylova L.
1 Institute of Geography named after acad. H.Aliyev, Baku, Azerbaijan
2 Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, Baku, Azerbaijan
In this article the relief, climatic parameters and landscape differentiation of the territory have been explained for precise evaluation of the recreation potential within Demirapanchay basin and adjacent areas. On the basis of derived data the schematic maps of the shown area that reveal some climatic parameters have been plotted for the first time in GIS environment and a big-scale (M 1: 100 000) map of recreation potential according to the landscape belt of the study area has been plotted in GIS environment.
During evaluation of the recreational potential of the landscapes special attention was given to geological, geomorphologic characteristics of the area, to comfort degree of the climate (temperature, relative humidity, number of sunny days, solar radiation, etc), to forest cover of the area (forest density, composition of trees, level of humidity, fruit maintenance, etc) and to aesthetics view of landscapes (attractiveness, waterfalls, canyons and etc.) Besides, the elements (floods, landslides, soil erosion, snow falls, soil erosion, the number of the cloudy day in recreation days etc.) that make risk and hazard for tourism activities and decrease the level of comfort in the landscape have been studied.
This work has been carried out due to the financial assistance of the Science Development Fund under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (Grant № EIF/GAM-3-2014-6(21)-24/13/2).
The analysis of the mountain geosystems in a world and tourism complexes with advanced geographical location and huge recreation potential is in focus of interest in last years as a scientific-practical priority problem. At the time of estimation of the recreation potential the relief of the territory diversity of the plants, existence of the water basins, especially rivers, the variety of the natural landscape, anthropogenic change of the region and possibilities of the road infrastructure setting are taken into account). In this article, we presented some climate indicators for an accurate assessment of the recreational potential for Demiraparanchay basin and surrounding areas, based on the information gathered in GIS.
relief, climatic parameters, tourism, river, environmental risks.
- Antipov, A.N., Semenov, YU. (2005) : M. Russian School of Landscape Planning. – Annals of Agrarian Science. Vol. 3 : 65-89
- Aciksoz S, Gormus S, Karadeniz N. (2010) : Determination of ecotourism potential in national parks : Kure mountains national park, Kastamonu-Bartin, Turkey- African Journal of Agricultural Research, 5(8) : 589–599
- Boyd, S.W., Butler, R.W. (1996) : Managing ecotourism: an opportunity spectrum approach. -Tourism Management 17 : 557–566
- Goldberg, M., Karam, G. (1984) : The analysis of Landsat imagery un-using an expert system : forestry applications. – Proc. Auto Carto 6 : 493-503
- Daniel, T.C. (2001) : Whither scenic beauty? Visual landscape quality assessment in the 21st century. – Landscape and Urban Planning 54 : 267–281
- Deng, J., King, B., Bauer, T. (2002) : Evaluating natural attractions for tourism. – Annals of Tourism Research 29 : 422–438
- Edwards, D.M., Jay, M., Jensen, F.S., Lucas, B., Marzano, M., Montagné, C., Peace, A., Weiss, G. (2012): Public preferences across Europe for different forest stand types as sites for recreation. – Ecology and Society 17 : 27
- Eigenbrod, F., Armsworth, P.R., Anderson, B.J., Heinemeyer, A., Gillings, S., Roy, D.B., Thomas, C.D., Gaston, K.J.(2010) : The impact of proxy-based methods on mapping the distribution of ecosystem services. – Journal of Applied Ecology 47: 377–385
- Kaypak, Sh. (2010) : Sustainability of ecological tourism. – International Journal of Alanya Faculty of Business, 2(2) : 121-213
- Faggi, A., Breuste, J., Madanes, N., Gropper, C., Perelman, P. (2011) : Water as an appreciated feature in the landscape: a comparison of residents’ and visitors’ preferences in Buenos Aires. – Journal of Cleaner Production 60 : 1–6
- Fisher, B., Turner, R.K., Morling, P. (2009) : Defining and classifying ecosystem services for decision making. – Ecological Economics 68 : 643–653
- Gritzer L., Andrev M., Appinal R. (2005) : Assessing landslide Potential Using GIS, Soil Wetness Modeling and Topographic Attributes, Poyette River, Idaho. – Geomorphology 37: 149-165
- Gupta R.P., Joshi, B.C. (1990) : Landslide hazard zoning using the GIS approach; A case study from the Ramganga Catchment, Himalayas. – Engineering Geology 28: 119-131
- Kumtepe P, Nurlu J.,Cengiz T., Sutcu E. (2011) : Heylan Diyarlılık haritalarının hazırlanmasında Cografi bilgi Sistemlerinin kullanımı. HKM Geodezi. – Geoinformasyon ve Arazi Yönetim Dergisi 3 : 41-46.
- Temperli C, Zell J, Bugmann H, Elkin C (2013) Sensitivity of ecosystem goods and services projections of a forest landscape model to initialization data. -Landscape Ecol 28:1337–1352
- Ismaylova, L. (2013) : Ecological estimation of mountain complexes and agriculture planning. – Absrtracts collection on new challenges in the European area: International Baku forum of young scientists Dedicated to the 90-th anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev : 39-40
- Ismaylov, M., Ismaylova, L (2014) : Scientific-methodological approaches of revelation of landscape-recreation potential of mountain geosystems (on example of southern slopes of the greater caucasus). – ANAS, News, Earth sciences, volume 3-4 : 86-92
- Ismaylova, L (2015) : Scientific-methodological approaches of revelation of landscape-recreation potential of mountain geosystems (On example of Southern slopes of the Greater Caucasus). -Abstract Volume 13th Swiss Geoscience Meeting (Basel) : 304-305
Ismaylov M., Ismaylova L. (2017) Ecological aspects of studying of natural-recreation potential of mountain geosystems (on example of Southern slope of the Greater Caucasus). Visnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3-4 (68-69), 57-61 (in English, abstr. in Ukrainian).