REGIONAL FEATURES OF FORMING HUMAN POTENTIAL OF CHERNIVTSI REGION
Oliynyk Ya., Kurysh T.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
The research of regional peculiarities of formation of human potential of Chernivtsi region is carried out, factors and factors influencing the formation of human capital are singled out.
On the basis of the current methodology presented in the draft of resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (“Some issues of improving the system for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the implementation of the state regional policy”), the calculation of the regional human development index of Chernivtsi region for 2012-2016, analysis and monitoring of changes in its in the given region. The integral index of regional human development is calculated as the sum of indices for seven key indicators covering three directions: long and healthy life, well-being and decent work and education.
Having analyzed the index of human development of Chernivtsi region for 5 years it is possible to separate certain features of the change of indicator:
- the highest index has reached the index in 2014 -0,901, and the lowest – in 2016-0,793;
- by 2016 Ukraine occupies 84th place in the country’s ranking on the Human Development Index and is estimated as 0.743, i.e., in Chernivtsi region, the index for 2016 is higher than the total Ukrainian;
- The graph of the Human Development Index of the Chernivtsi Oblast has a hump-like appearance; from 2012 to 2013 there was a gradual decline in the index, after which the index from 2013 to 2014 reached its maximum value from 2014-2016 due to the economic crisis and the difficult economic situation in the state. The index has decreased by 13.6% from the value in 2014.
The main indicator that influenced the index value is the general coefficient of growth (reduction) of the population, therefore the best situation for this indicator was in 2012, and the worst in 2016. But in 2014, this indicator is 0.870 and there is no significant effect on the index decrease, so the index in this year is very high, besides, all indicators except the number of dead from intentional self-harm and the volume of expenditures of local budgets are above 0.9, and the volume of expenditures of local budgets is less important due to the increase of the exchange rate, as this particular indicator in 2016 has a maximum value.
One of the main problems of human development in the Chernivtsi region and in Ukraine as a whole is the uncertainty of the strategy and tactics of social policy, which would have an impact on the main tasks at both the state and regional levels, with the definition of their peculiarities regarding the formation of demographic policy, employment , increase of wages of workers, regulation of the labor market of educational services market, optimal reform of the health care system, introduction of mechanisms for providing social and household services for population etc.
Taking into account regional features and socio-geographical conditions of development of Chernivtsi region, priority directions of development of the human potential of this region have been developed, aimed at increasing the competitiveness of the territory in the current conditions of reforming Ukrainian society.
human potential, healthy life, welfare, education, Chernivtsi region
- Zaslavs’ka T.І. Ljuds’kij potentsіal v suchasnomu transformatsіjnomu protsesі // Suspіl’nі nauki і suchasnіst’. 2005. № 4. S. 13-25 .
- Kamіns’ka T.M. Rinok medichnih poslug : dosvіd teoretiko іnstitutsіjnogo analіzu : [ monografіja ] / Tetjana Mihajlіvna Kamіns’ka. – H. : IPP «Kontrast», 2006. – 296 s.
- Klіmov S.M. Іntelektual’nі resursi suspіl’stva : [ monografіja ] / Sergіj Mihajlovich Klіmov. – SPb . : ІVESEP, Znannja, 2002. – 199 s.
- Kurkіna M. P. Ljuds’kij potentsіal, jak kategorіja sotsіal’nogo upravlіnnja regіonom / M. P. Kurkіna , V. V. Zotov // Bіznes Іnform . – 2012. – № 7. – S. 53-56 .
- Sotsіal’no-ekonomіchne stanovische Chernіvets’koї oblastі za sіchen’–kvіten’ 2017 roku; Vіdpovіdal’nі za vipusk : G.І.Petrova, І.D.Ardeljan, M.V. Koropotnits’ka, O.R.Shemunja-Chernіvtsі; Derzhavna sluzhba statistiki Ukraїni Golovne upravlіnnja statistiki u Chernіvets’kіj oblastі; 2017, 156s.
- Statistichnij schorіchnik Chernіvets’koї oblastі za 2015 rіk; za red. T.G. Sarchins’koї ; Vіdpovіdal’nі za vipusk : G.І. Petrova, M.V.Koropotnits’ka, O.R. Shemunja – Chernіvtsі : Derzhavna sluzhba statistiki Ukraїni Golovne upravlіnnja statistiki u Chernіvets’kіj oblastі, 2016, 572s.
- Naselennja Chernіvets’koї oblastі za 2015 rіk ; Za redaktsієju Sarchins’koї T.G. ; vіdpovіdal’nі za vipusk G.І.Petrova, N.P.Lіstarhova-Chernіvtsі ; Derzhavna sluzhba statistiki Ukraїni Golovne upravlіnnja statistiki u Chernіvets’kіj oblastі. – 2016, 156s.
- Chernіvechchini. Statistichnij zbіrnik; Uporjadniki : Palіjchuk O.M. ,Prіn’ko S.І. – Chernіvtsі, 2016. – 130 s.
- V Ukraїnі cholovіki zhivut’ na 15 rokіv menshe, nіzh u Shvetsії, ta na 10 rokіv menshe, nіzh nashі zhіnki [Elektronnij resurs] – Rezhim dostupu : http://expres.ua/news/2016/09/18/203306-ukrayini-choloviky-zhyvut-15-rokiv-menshe-shveciyi-10-rokiv-menshe-nashi
Oliynyk Ya., Kurysh T. (2017). Regional features of forming human potential of Chernivtsi region. VVisnyk Kyivskogo nacionalnogo universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka GEOGRAFIYA [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 3-4 (68-69), 12-18 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).