RESIDENTIAL FACTOR OF FORMING THE TERRITORY’S VALUE OF THE LVIV CITY
Zapototska V., Levytska O., Horyn I.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
In this article we consider the theoretical and applied principles of formation of the cost of residential areas of Lviv. Some factors of supply were evaluated such as: availability of housing, the exploitaition of housing, foreign direct investments, the amount of construction works.
The assessment of activity indicators of the real estate market in the regions was done. Maximum of residential real estate of the secondary market of Lviv, which were on sale in 2015, was observed in FrankIvskiy region (20.0% of all objects), because it has a high degree of intensity of functioning of the real estate market in this segment. However, in Sykhivskiy region the development of secondary real estate is retarded, despite of the significant amounts of housing.
An analysis of the price indices of housing in the city allowed to the authors to identify five areas of pricing, to analyze property values of the areas of the city and to outline the reasons of differentiation. The first – Central area – includes Galitskiy array.
The second – middle zone – consists of Zaliznichniy, Frankivskiy, Shevchenkivskiy and Lychakivskyi arrays and Lychakiv, Pogulyanka and the New Lviv. The third – peripheral urban area – covers Levandivka, Sriblyastiy, Veliki Kravchitsi, Znesinnia, Mayorivka, Kozelnyky, Sihiv and Sykhivskiy array Bodnarivka, Kulparkiv, Zamarstyniv and Zboyischa. The fourth – peripheral area – includes Syhnivka and Ryasne. The fifth – neighborhood peripheral zone– applies to the Lysynachi and Ryasne-2. The authors managed to create a map of the potential fields in a cost of residential development in the city. The amount of new buildings in the city’s area also was analyzed in the work.
According to the forecast which was made by using analytical methods of smoothing and leveling till May 2017, prices in secondary market of all areas of Lviv will gradually decrease in average house. Naturally, the highest values in prices will occur in the central and middle areas. The reason is that the investigated territory is the historical center of the city, which has a high level of service industry.
This part of city has the highest level of industrial production and sales of industrial products. It also constantly focuses on development of trade and providing the local population with qualitative goods and services. Housing prices will be the lowest in peripheral approximate, peripheral and remote peripheral areas of Lviv, which are the youngest and the most isolated among other areas of the city.
There are also green areas in Lviv which are characterized by insufficient availability of social facilities. The main problem here is transport infrastructure. It needs development and improvement because the locals daily faced with serious problems both during arrival at work or school and when they return home.
In the work also were conducted the calculations of tightness connection (correlation) parameters of the commissioning of housing, retail turnover volume of enterprises of direct investment, the quantity of people and the average nominal wage by an average of one full-time employee. The result of the reseach is a tight connection between the commissioning of housing and retail turnover of enterprises and average nominal wages on average one staff member. It has a linear character and it’s positive. However, direct investments and quantity of population in general are not related to the investigation process.
housing, housing market, price trends, settlement system, the cost of real estate
- Sarah Sayce, Judy Smith, Richard Cooper, Piers Venmore-Rowland (2006) Real Estate Appraisal: From Value to Worth. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 9600 Garsingt on Road. [in English]
- Voronin V.O. Rynok nerukhomosti v umovakh finansovo-ekonomichnoyi kryzy [Real estate in the financial and economic crisis],”Yanus-Nerukhomist’”, Kyiv: vydavets’ “Ahentsiya nerukhomosti ”YaNUS”, 2009, No. 11–12, pp. 9–12; pp. 14–17 [in Ukrainian]
- Ofitsiynyy sayt Holovnoho upravlinnya statystyky u L’vivs’kiy oblasti [The official site Main Statistical Office in Lviv region], Available at: http://www.lv.ukrstat.gov.ua/ukr/si/express/2016/v0402_195 [in Ukrainian]
- Ofitsiynyy sayt LUN. ua [The official site LUN. ua] Available at: http://www.lun.ua [in Ukrainian]
- Ofitsiynyy sayt prodazhu ta orendy nerukhomosti [Official website sale and rental], Available at: http://dom.ria.com/uk [in Russian]
- Ofitsiynyy sayt profesiynoyi otsinochnoyi kompaniyi ”Profotsinka” [Official site professional evaluation of «Profotsinka»], Available at: http://www.profocinka.com.ua [in Ukrainian]
- Sternyk H.M., Sternyk S.H. Analyz rynka nedvyzhymosty dlya professyonalov [Real Estate Market Analysis for professionals], Moscow: ”Ekonomyka” 2010,601 p. [in Russian]
- Palekha Yu. M. Ekonomiko-heohrafichni aspekty formuvannya vartosti terytoriy naselenykh punktiv [Economic and geographic aspects of the cost of populated areas], Kyiv : PROFI, 2006, 340 p. [in Ukrainian]
- Tendentsiyi rynku nerukhomosti Ukrayiny: realiyi ta prohnozy, 2007-2013: [monohrafiya] [Trends in Real Estate Market in Ukraine: Reality and forecasts, 2007-2013] , Shalayev V. M., Zapotots’kyy S.P. UVEKON, Kiv : Art Ekonomi, 2012, 240 p. [in Ukrainian]
Zapototska, V., Levytska, O., Horyn, I. (2016). Residential factor of forming the territory’s value of the Lviv city. Visnyk Kyivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (65), 72-78 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).