TRANSPORT LOGISTICS: MAIN CHALLENGES FOR UKRAINE
Zapototskyi S., Parenyuk V.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv, Ukraine
In the article the author has analyzed the general principles of transport logistics in Ukraine. The main factors that determine the logistical activities and which have an influence on the choice of the mode of transport have been determined. The transportation of cargo by mode of transport was analysed, and outlined a place of road transport. In this paper conducted analytical studies to determine the sectoral structure of export of Ukraine’s regions to neighboring countries by automobile transport by means of transportation and information portal Ukraine “Lardi-trans”.
According to the study from the regions highest exports to neighboring countries – produce timber and woodworking industry. Production of the industry ranks first in the structure of exports of goods Volyn, Rivne, Zhytomyr, Lviv, Ternopil, Khmelnytsky, Transcarpathian, Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Chernivtsi, Donetsk, Chernihiv and Sumy regions. Food products in the export structure dominated Kiev, Cherkassy, Poltava, Kharkiv, Odessa, Mykolayiv and Kherson regions. In other regions dominated by agricultural products – particularly Kirovohrad region, iron and steel products – Dnipropetrovsk region, Lugansk region – produce pulp and paper industry. In second place in the export structure in Western countries mainly agricultural products and foodstuffs. But in the eastern regions of the country is mostly engineering products.
According to the study the regions of Ukraine were divided into 3 groups: West of the predominance in the structure of exports of forestry and wood processing industry, Central – dominated the food industry and agricultural and East – dominated, industries and mechanical engineering and metal working, chemical, steel and non-ferrous industry.
In the work assessed exports by region of Ukraine with the release of several groups of regions and analyzed by mode of transport. An important role in the study covers evaluation of transit of goods by road through the territory of Ukraine with analysis of major trend and states – participants.
Countries that use the transport system of Ukraine for the transit of their goods to third countries were divided into three groups. The first group includes Turkey, Russia and Moldova on transit volumes over 500 ths. tons. The second group consists of Romania, Italy, Belarus and Poland. The volume of transit through Ukraine up to 200 – 500 ths. tons. In the third group, with the least, but no less important for the economic development of Ukraine transit volumes include Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia and Germany.
The basic tasks of transport logistics were defined in the article, including states which improve the quality of the transport infrastructure and transport services and bringing them up to global standards, the maximum load of the rolling stock, cargo insurance and vehicles.
transport logistics, transport infrastructure, transit, transit potential
- Hadzhynskyi A. M. Lohystyka: Ucheb. Dlia vysshykh y srednykh spets. ucheb. – 3-e yzd., pererab. y dop. [Logistics: Textbook. Average for High society and specials. Textbook. Routine. – 3rd ed., Rev. and add.]– M.: Ynformatsyonno-vnedrencheskyi tsentr “Marketynh”, 2000. – 375 s.; Lenshyn Y.A., Smolniakov Yu.I. Lohystyka: V 2 part. – Part. 1. – M.: Mashynostroenye, 1996. – 246 s. [in Russian]
- Velyka entsyklopediia [Great Encyclopedia]: u 62 Vol. – Vol. 19. – M.: TERRA, 2006. – 592 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Komarov M. P. Infrastruktura rehioniv svitu [Infrastructure regions of the world]: navch. posibn./ M. P. Komarov. – SPb, Vydav. Mykhailova V. A., 2000. – 347 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky [Official site of the State Statistics Service]., Available at: http: www. ukrstat. gov. ua. [in Ukrainian]
- Solius H. P. Krytyka suchasnykh burzhuaznykh teorii finansiv, hroshei i kredytu. [Criticism of bourgeois theories of modern finance, money and credit] [in Ukrainian]
- Transportno-informmatsiinyi server [Freight Information server] Available at: https://uk.lardi-trans.com. [in Ukrainian]
- Palant O. Yu. Lohistyka transportnoho kompleksu rehionu (perspektyvy investuvannia ta innovatsiinoho rozvytku) [Logistics transport sector in the region (the longer trends the investment and innovation development)]: [monohrafiia] / O. Yu. Palant. – Kh. : Zoloti storinky, 2012. – 165 s. [in Ukrainian]
- R. Levkovets, I. F. Shpylovyi. Systemni aspekty lohistyky v proektakh pasazhyrskykh perevezen [System aspects of logistics projects pasazhyring traffic] – K. : NTU, 2007. – 152 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Maiorova I. M. Lohistyka v mizhnarodnomu biznesi [Logistics in international business]: monohrafiia / Maiorova I. M. ; Derzh. vyshch. navch. zakl. “Pryazov. derzh. tekhn. un-t” (DVNZ “PDTU”). – Mariupol: Vyd.-polihr. tsentr DVNZ “PDTU”, 2012. – 389 s. [in Ukrainian]
- Ofitsiinyi sait informatsiinoho ahentstva UNIAN. [Official site of the news agency UNIAN]. Available at: http://economics.unian.ua/transport/1261241-glava-ukravtodoru-dlyaprivedennya-u-nalejniy-stan-dorig-neobhidno-minimum-10-15-rokiv.html [in Ukrainian]
Zapototskyi, S., Parenyuk, V. (2016). Transport logistics: main challenges for Ukraine. Visnyk Kyivskogo natsionalnogo universytetu, Geografiya [Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Geography], 2 (65), 42-47 (in Ukrainian, abstr. in English).